Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emily
Beginner October 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on December 5, 2020 in Ontario

Emily, on July 7, 2020 at 00:00 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hey fellow Dec 5’ers - How is everyone feeling about their guest count/venue/overall event with Covid? Obviously we don’t have much of an outdoor option so I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts! I’m planning on going ahead with a smaller guest count if I have to, but does any one have any further info, predictions, etc?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Beatriz, on September 16, 2020 at 15:41
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! what did you decide on? any update?

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sense. Fingers crossed everything that it works out for everyone
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Rayanne!

I really hope that by February you will be in the clear- but everyone assumes that about mine as well because it’s “so far away”, so I definitely know how you feel!
    For us, we’ve already booked our honeymoon and we’re also turning 29, have been together for 8 years and are just ready to get on with our lives lol. I’m somewhat sure that unless things go drastically wrong our honeymoon (Mexico) will still be a go. So in that case we will probably just scale back to whatever we’re allowed (as much as that’s disappointing) 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Beatriz,

I agree about all of the contradictory reports and articles, it’s pretty disheartening! I’m really hoping that the ON government will start to give us some indications for Phase 3 this week.
    Hopefully you will be able to go ahead with your planned date!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Hank,

We haven’t talked to them yet. Our venue is a municipal owned building (Old Courthouse in NOTL)- it’s just a space rental really, we have individually organized all of the working parts so to say and a lot is DIY. I think we will probably go ahead with whatever size we are allowed to have, but I’m hopeful it will be some sort of % capacity situation at least 🤞🏻🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married two weeks after you and from the way I see it, it's looking less and less likely we can move forward with our original date. Our venue is not even open for event services yet and their staff are still working from home. Good thing they have given us a backup date so far in case December is a no go.

Have you talked to your venue about alternative plans?

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily,

I am a couple of weeks before you. I think it is hard to predict... Ive tried keeping up, but every other week there is an article contradicting the one from the day before. Some articles claim we will be on this for a couple of years, second, third waves... everyone is an expert but not many agree on what is to come.

I think that in a couple of months gathering numbers will go up in Ontario. BC seems to be doing pretty well... so I have hope. I am not sure social distancing guidelines will go away for gatherings, and that is if things go fairly well from now until then.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm supposed to be getting married Feb 21, 2021 in Niagara too! I'm not sure what is going to happen still. It's way to early to really decide anything. We would rather wait an extra year than lower our guest count or lose the dance. We have waited so long already for us one more year wouldn't be the end of the world. Where are you getting married?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics