Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie December 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on December 31, 2021 in Ontario

Jacquelyn, on December 26, 2021 at 08:37 Posted in Ontario 0 9
Hi there! I just joined this community as I need to connect with others that are in the same position as me! I would love to know if you are all proceeding with the current restrictions/case counts. As you all know the last 6 weeks have been wild! I still can’t believe how fast things have changed! We have adapted our event with the current restrictions in place and are trying to make our event as safe as possible. I feel great responsibility to host a safe event. It keeps me up at night! I am trying to fo everything to avoid postponing. I’m also wondering if the government is going to announce anything tomorrow/this week. Hope you are all hanging in there!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on December 31, 2021 at 14:02
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I hope you have a great day Jacquelyn Smiley heart

• N
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re so welcome!! I’m glad to help someone somehow. I just wish I can take my own advice lol. I’m a basket case.

We started with 125 as 25% for dancing, now we are down to 105 including us with the traditional ceremony and dinner. Our venue holds 500, so it is spaced out nicely, My health unit is 6 per table rather than the provincial government’s 10 per, which really sucked to rearrange, but I’ll take all of it in stride if we can just keep things the way they are for the next week. We just need 5 more days!
  • Lori
    Lori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha yes, we are doing the same - counting down regardless!! Smiley smile wishing you an amazing day!!
  • J
    Jacquelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your message! 4 times!? I feel you! This is so wild! I love you game ideas! I’m looking at doing some as well! We are also doing rapid tests and fresh masks. I like your straw idea! I’m going to order some now! Thinking of you! Congratulations to you too!
  • J
    Jacquelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear you! It does feel funny given it’s NYE! We have decided to make light of it and do a countdown anyways! One of my friends said you only know it’s midnight if someone tells you it is so we will just fake it and tell people it’s midnight. It’s midnight somewhere right?! It’s so beyond our control! I’m thinking of you!
  • J
    Jacquelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I need to keep re reading your message! It’s so helpful! Thank you! Our venue is also very strict and will be enforcing all the rules (as will we). We are asking everyone to do a rapid test and we will have lots of hand sanitizer and fresh masks. I’m not sure what more we can do! We had already split our guest list into two when we were abiding by the 25% capacity rule in order to have dancing. We are now having 70ish to a lunch and 45ish to a dinner with our ceremony in between both meals. How many are you expecting?
  • Lori
    Lori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We too are going ahead with our big day. What a gong show the last few weeks have been! We feel especially disheartened with it being a nye wedding..somehow an 11pm end doesn’t seem as bad if it was Dec 30th as an example. It is what it is. Our venue is also pretty strict so it’ll be the safest we can make it and at the end of the day, our guests will make the decision to be there and if uncomfortable they won’t come. The entire situation sucks but totally out of our control.
  • N
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Jacquelyn,

The last two weeks have been such an emotional rollercoaster. Its been awful.
    We are choosing to go ahead with our wedding with the current restrictions too. I was feeling slightly irresponsible at first about continuing to host, but a few factors helped me get over it:1. The venue that we have is strictly enforcing the “no dancing, no mingling” policy. People must remain at their seats the whole night, which is not ideal by any means, but allows us to have all our friends and family in one room to celebrate our day. 2) If guests are not comfortable, they will not come. We have had about 20 people cancel on us in the last week due to comfort levels, and that’s okay. The people who will be there know what’s going on in the world we are in, so they are aware of the potential risks that a social gathering can have these days.
    We have cancelled our rehearsal dinner (it was supposed to be tomorrow) to avoid unnecessary contacts between the most important people attending our wedding 4 days prior to our event, which really sucks but felt it was necessary, but I do truthfully still feel comfortable with proceeding with our day.
    I am like you and am worried sick that our government will come out with further restrictions this week (more specifically my health unit.) Unfortunately, as much as we will be stressing about it, this is truthfully something we cannot control (it’s easier for me to say comforting someone else than it is for me to take my own advice.) We just have to hold our breath until Thursday night, we will get through it.
  • Mark
    Mark ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We feel your pain. This has been crazy. Luckily our venue holds 80 and our guest list is down to 35, but the other restrictions are making this painful. We have postponed 4 times since covid and we are proceeding, I don't have the strength or enough tears left to postpone again.
    Some of the things we are doing to make a crappy situation memorable is this:
    1)Charades/pictionary:I bought 2 dry erase boards from staples (they deliver for free!) And enough dry erase markers for everyone. I printed categories and cards. We will play table vs table for centerpieces and other prizes. The person who draws a card must decide if they want to draw it or act it out for their table. The groom and I will keep score and flip the timer. 2) slide show with our pictures now include many baby pictures of guests. If someone guesses the baby correctly, the " baby" does a shot.To help people feel safe:1) everyone is getting tested within 48 hrs of the wedding2) painted and decorated sanitizers for tables3) printed funny signage ie: social distancing " stay one lama apart" etc4) providing fresh masks5) providing straws, so that it is easier to drink without removing mask. 6) unmasked pics outsideThese are the best we can do. The party must go on! Best of luck. And congratulations! 👰

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics