Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner August 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 5, 2023 in Ontario

Ashley, on September 12, 2022 at 15:33 Posted in Ontario 0 38

Hi everyone! getting married in Niagara on the Lake next year! hands up if you're overwhelmed yet!?

38 Comments

Latest activity by Oliver, on January 15, 2023 at 17:48
  • O
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Oliver ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My fiancé is Canadian!😂 that place sounds lovely! We are coming out in April for our stag and doe and for some last bits before the summer
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that’s amazing! Why getting married in Canada? My fiancé is also from England but we live here. We are getting married at Gate House
  • O
    Oliver ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are with 'Gem Weddings of Niagara' - seems to be the full shebang! We live in England so having most of the prep done by the owner is super handy! How about you?

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello! That’s amazing! Where is your venue?
  • O
    Oliver ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Us too. We are getting married in NOTL on the same day. Best of luck to you!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes things are way more now, add increased gas prices and inflation!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! advise I will take

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yah money for sure!!!! I am thinking of a honeymoon fund because its so expensive. I have most of the major vendors done except flowers UGH

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Hank, that's amazing advise, I appreciate the support!

Ashley

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm already married. Had our wedding last year.

By the way, don't stress about the dress. I've literally had friends and family buy a dress in March this year for their summer/fall weddings - everyone was able to pick it up and get alterations done by June.

And absolutely don't buy anything that doesn't fit you right now - buying for your target weight instead of your current body shape is a big no no. And 50lbs is quite significant so I would hold off on buying a dress until you've at least shed a few pounds before buying. Yes, you can alter to go smaller but only to a certain degree and you may find the alterations cost for such a drastic change to end up costing quite hefty, especially if your dress has many layers to it.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly, finding a florist has been harder than expected in the region we are getting married (Niagara on the Lake), otherwise some of the DJs scared me away! It's just a lot of moving pieces at once and getting those bookings done so you don't end up with someone less desirable!

....and the thought of eloping came to mind haha

Ashley

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! No not really any challenges yet, other than money! It seems like everything is much more expensive following covid. But honestly, it’s been smooth so far. Just looking for the little things now! How about you?
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the feedback! I hopefully meet some florists soon

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats! any challenges yet?

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wedding wire is awesome for vendors so far, I hired a wedding planner for month of and I think that is a huge stress off me the day of the wedding

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! My fiancé and I are getting married August 5, 2023 at a golf course in Kleinburg! Very excited and still not hired everyone yet!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Covid!

Flowers, a budget of $4000 is a lot, my friend had a wedding of over 100 and her flowers + tables came out to a little over $2000, but that's in Ottawa.

My venue does the flowers but I wanted fake ones so I don't have to worry about pressing the next day or that they start to wilt by the end of the night. For my bouquet and 3 bridesmaid she is charging me $350.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We had 41 guests at our wedding but had asked 69

For flowers we went artifical and it cost us $1200 for all 10 centerpieces 2 bouquets 6 boutineeres and 5 corsages
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m getting married in Kingston!
    So exciting…. It will be here in no time

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! can I ask how big was the wedding and cost of flowers? I set a $4000 budget but I have no idea if that is reasonable, we will have 90 guests

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh girl tell me about it, I was front line NP managing Long term care outbreaks and I lost myself in that process.... nightmare so I ate my feelings. UGH now the DreadMILL!!!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hired a "month of" wedding planner to help with the loose ends closer to the date, but I am hiring vendors and lots of other responsibilities so it was not too expensive, around $1500 but they are there on your day all day to help make sure everything runs smoothly

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh I get it! We did not even do engagement photos! Spending so much on wedding photos UGH

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are ALL in the same boat! I know how you feel... it is meant to be perfect when life is only imperfect!

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Hey! Wedding date twin! Where are you getting married?

This site is awesome to help keep me organized but so much to do, I ended up finding a "month of" wedding planner so it was not too expensive

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 5, 2023 wedding date here!!
    Starting to get a little over whelmed
    We want to do everything our selves to try and keep costs down. We’re in Kingston Ontario.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there! I’m Beth, my fiancé and I are August 5th, 2023 in St Jacobs! I’m only a little overwhelmed- we’ve been arguing over the guest list currently - but also my engagement photos are coming up and it stresses me out that I haven’t lost we if not yet! So I’m going to look bigger in the engagement photos than I do in the wedding photos! Ugh!
  • Rachel
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same date! Getting married at a farm in Stouffville. You are hiring a wedding planner? I’m planning to DIY, not sure if that’s practical
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I need the motivation, I ate myself too. I wish losing was as easy as gaining, like what the heck is up with that.

Also keep an open mind when trying on dresses, you may want a mermaid when you get there, but then hate it and end up with a different style of dress.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow well maybe we can keep each other motivated! I am done having babies! I want a mermaid silhouette with a low low back, so I guess maybe in a couple months if I don't feel like a whale, I can try looking and see. UGH so stressful but I ate myself here!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in the same situation I want to lose 50 pounds. We got a dress size that currently fits me, and I have until May to lose what I can before my fitting with the seamstress. it's easier to take in then out. I do not have a corset back and apparently if I do manage to lose 50 pounds by then, I am told seamstresses are miracle workers. My main goal now is to lose and not gain anymore or get pregnant.

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG I am freaking out a little, I have 50 lbs to lose lol, I did it to myself and I will not do a corset back so I wanted to lose some rather quickly before shopping. UGH what a predicament

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics