Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Curious August 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 4, 2022 in Ontario

Victoria, on June 3, 2021 at 16:33 Posted in Ontario 0 7

Hi lovies Smiley heart

How are your wedding plans moving along?
We secured our venue just this past weekend at the Cambridge Mill!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on June 17, 2021 at 20:17
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really really does! The world is amazing Smiley heart

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahh that is AMAZING!!! Kelowna is beautiful. Everything really does happen for our highest good ❤️
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Absolutely! You want to be comfortable with the people that you're dealing with for your wedding especially having some of them with you all day like your photographer and videographer. We don't have a videographer but we do have a photographer for 12 hours. We've spoken on the phone multiple times and I personally can't wait to actually meet her in person on my wedding day!

It definitely wasn't the easiest to postpone twice but we both want the wedding we've been dreaming of since we got engaged in 2017. So waiting one more year was the best option because we want to have most of our family and close friends with us on our day. I have a good feeling about next summer! Plus now that we're saving more money with having to move the date twice, we're able to spend more time out in Kelowna. We were originally only going to go out there for 2 weeks but we're thinking maybe a month out there now since we both need a vacation after all of this covid crap and I'll have 5 weeks vacation with my work!!

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are absolutely right! I get weird when it comes to $$ and friends/family. I never want to inconvenience others even though they were given the options to a) go to their own person b) do it themselves c) choose to go with my girl d) nothing. All were in agreement to get their hair & makeup done w/ my girl which is great. It's the awkard "okay so your total is...." convo LOL

I will see!

Oh I couldn't agree more! We want the people we work with to be kind, genuine & fun. It really is a relationship that you build as you are spending the day w/ total strangers for 8-12 hours. I'm so so glad you guys found vendors you vibed with and fit your budget!! That's our goal too. Photography & videography has been the most consuming of our time but we've finally narrowed it down to TWO!! Smiley laugh

I'm sorry that you had to postpone your wedding. You sound like you are both in good spirits considering moving it twice now! Your day is going to be absolutely magical and beautiful Smiley heart All your hard work & planning will be enjoyed by all

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you don't want to pay for their makeup, you really don't have to if you don't really want to or have the funds to do so. For myself, my MOH actually told me she would pay for her makeup since we're getting our hair done for free from my aunt who is a hair stylist. it was really nice of her to let me know that she's going to pay for hers even though it's only a 95 dollars, it was very nice of her to do so. But of course every bride is different and some feel that since their possibly already paying for certain things like their bridesmaids dress and such that the bride should automatically pay for certain things. It's 2021 and you can choose whatever you want Smiley heart

I felt the same when once we had booked our venue, photographer, cake, officiant and DJ i felt a lot better just because these vendors are very important to us. For us it was a challenge to find someone that we really vibed with since we all had to do it through emails and voom since we physically couldn't go to these places since we don't live in the same province. We definitely keep on looking until we found the right fit and not to mention good prices as well. Don't settle until you find the right ones for the two of you for your day Smiley smile

For myself and my fiance we have everything done, it's just a waiting game for us now. We were supposed to get married in August 8 2020 but because of covid we had pushed it to August 7 2021 but we still thought that this summer might not be back to normal completely so last month we made the decision to push it again to August 7 2022

• Victoria
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The process has been fun but some details stress me out. I’m trying to keep budget in mind. Paying for bridesmaids hair & makeup is one I keep going back and forth on.

I told my girls that they have an option to do it themselves, book their own preferred vendor, or can go with the person I am booking for the day. I was transparent about pricing but I haven’t said I would be covering or not covering. I just mentioned that these are the cost & if they were comfortable with the price point. I feel bad making anyone pay. I’m not a pushy bride and I’m very easy going. I want my girls to feel confident and happy no matter what they decide. It’s the whole “and it’s this much $$” that makes me feel awkward.
    Other than that I had my first FaceTime meeting with a videographer - loved his vibe & super chilled. Going to be booking meetings with others in the upcoming weeks.
    Once makeup/hair, videography/photography are but I think I will feel a lot more settled.
    Hbu?? How are your plans coming along?
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on getting your venue!! It's a big relief off of your shoulders when that is taken care of! How are you doing with your planning so far?!

I'm not getting married in Ontario but in BC on August 7 2022

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics