Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 28, 2021 in Ontario

Samia, on June 21, 2021 at 16:32 Posted in Ontario 0 14
Hey guys I’m new to this site! We all have August 28 dates. Are you doing an indoor reception like me? Are you hopeful for a guest list over 50 people? We will be beyond stage 3 by then. I’m sending our invites on July 1st with an RSVP by August 1st. It’s a tight time but hopefully we will have more clarity by then! The venue is not sure as government direction has been unclear so far. What are you planning for?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Niki, on July 19, 2021 at 20:40
  • Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We can have up to 130 in the church! We will likely have around 100. I think ceremony and indoor reception rules are different, I'd find out what the regulations are for indoors!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh dang, that’s very crazy.
    The fact that they are still making money because you’re paying for the spot for that day and can’t realize that it’s out of your control is madness. 🤦🏽‍♀️

Do you know know if they will reconsider?
  • S
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes in order to be profitable they told us the fee if it’s 50 people, 100 people and waived at 150. I hope they reconsider 😔
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow wait!
    They will still charge even due to Covid restrictions? That would really suck if they did. Because that’s out of your control.
  • S
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s smart to add a virtual aspect and kept the gathering small. We ideally would want 100-150 people, the venue charges a fee if we are under 150 people but that sucks if it’s not our fault due to restrictions ☹️
  • S
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are moving into stage 3 tomorrow but will there be a fourth wave after that or even less restrictions no one knows! What are you planning for these days?
  • S
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congratulations! Are you having the 100 indoors in the church? We have an outdoor ceremony and indoor reception and curious to know how many people would be allowed indoors at that time 🧐
  • Niki
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are August 28th as well and we are having our ceremony only. Our reception was moved to next year just due to restrictions. We are having about 100 in the church and likely an intimate gathering with our bridal party following the ceremony!

• Tracy
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello August bride. We are just before you on the 14th. Stressful knowing what to do. We stayed with the 25 people as the govt has been regularly changing what you can do. Venues are difficult as you need to consider their max capacity while maintaining 6' social distancing. Based on "current" guidelines we will be moving to larger gatherings with no idea on the cap, and outside is always more allowed capacity. We should know in the next couple of weeks (ugh, but be patient). Take time to regroup and have 2 plans in place for the 25 and then larger groupings. Good luck.

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Samia,
    Welcome welcome!!

We are still continuing with our wedding for October 16th, 2021. The venue holds about 70-72 people. Which is exactly what I’m perfectly fine with since I wanted a small wedding. It’s a beautiful spot for ceremony outside and reception inside!! We received the contract today to sign and submit. It does not cost more than $2,600 from 9am - 2am with table and chairs. We have an outside catering no more than $3000. I’m hoping that all is fine. We’re also thinking to plan a virtual option as well.
  • S
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes hoping we get some clarity July 2 when we should be rolling into step 2. You’re lucky to have the outdoor option available. I hope the weather is nice ☀️
  • S
    Samia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks so much for the heartfelt reply! I feel so seen and totally agree with you. We are beyond what we expected in terms of vaccine rates. I also only have an indoor option. My venue said last august they were able to host 50 indoors and that’s what I should aim for, however this year is completely different with the vaccine but hopefully we can hit the 100 mark with some bubble dancing. Just watching the news everyday praying for a miracle 🙏🏼
  • C
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Samia,
    What a stressful time it has been! Definitely not how a bride should be feeling leading up to her wedding day. There’s so many uncertainties, I don’t even know where to begin discussing them. I am so hopeful for 50-100 ppl indoors. Unfortunately my venue is not equipped for outdoor events; so I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping that everything will be ok. I don’t even know when to send invites out!! Ahh my brain! Lol I honestly think these restrictions are ridiculous! The vaccine % are high, our neighbouring provinces are scrapping their restrictions completely… Yet Ontario is still locked down & businesses are losing their livelihoods. Sending all my positive vibes your way, hopeful for the most perfect wedding for all of us on August 28!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're September 5 and the aim to keep everything outdoors until we get an indication on what's allowed inside. 50 inside might be pushing it since Step 2 only allows 5 inside. Our venue thinks it might be something like 25 people max or 25% of the room capacity but likely with masks and without dancing. So if you have a giant ballroom, you might be able to get 50 in there. It doesn't look like the government will announce anything until we reach Step 2 at the earliest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics