Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Newbie August 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 27, 2022 in Ontario

Taylor, on January 2, 2022 at 14:48 Posted in Ontario 1 5

Hello everyone!

So far planning my August wedding has been an absolute nightmare, from prices going up to not being fully happy with the venue we had originally chosen, to an unexpected pregnancy that will only give me 2 months to lose baby weight prior to the wedding lol

please tell me i am not the only one stressing hard over wedding planning lol

5 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on January 9, 2022 at 02:21
  • Melissa
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Taylor,
    Trust me, you are not alone. Planning a wedding has not been easy during these times! We are getting married on the same date which is our re-planned date from last August. What I have learned from postponing (and also working in healthcare) is that covid is probably not going away any time soon unfortunately. So my fiancé and I decided that were not going to keep putting our life on hold and we’re going to go ahead whatever the restrictions are going to look like. What it comes down to is the day is about you and your partner and that’s what should really matter.
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi I’m planning my second wedding for august 27th 2022 and I’m so excited!. Remember it’s not all the details like your boutique or any of the small details like your centre pieces people will never remember what they looked like in 6 months from the wedding make sure you have good food good music and have a good time is a big thing because you are not going to be able to please everyone.

My first wedding my husband and I eloped whole wedding cost was ($600). Now with that being said I borrowed a wedding dress wore it for the wedding changed into white jeans and a white shirt to go for Chinese dinner with my parents his parents and our two kids never did a honeymoon, that was our wedding so now I want to have a wedding. I want my own wedding dress and I want to dance with my dad and I want to party with my friends and family I want to show off how much I love my man and how much he loves me. I don’t care about the flowers and all that centre pieces I spent $8 at the dollar store and on line from people who had gotten married previous and now had to get rid of. I am making my own invitations I spent 15 on the kit makes 50 invitations I’m looking for bargains anywhere I can Pinterest is also great to look at and talk to friends and family about things that they remember about their wedding if they don’t remember it chances are you probably won’t either if you want to get a picture of it or leave it out and save the money and time hopefully this helps you girls out
    Last but not least your wedding is supposed to be a day of fun and excitement you are making a vow to love your best friend for the rest of your lives. I know the world is throwing in a curve ball with this whole Covid-19 and I hope for all of our sake we can get it under control soon. You need to stop and take a step back or take a break and remind yourself why your doing this go on a date this day is for the two of you not for aunt Clair or uncle bob. Just have fun and at the end of the night if you can look back and say that was a good night then you know you both did great 😊 congratulations on your engagement and wishing you guys all the best
  • Michaela
    Michaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know the feeling! I have a wedding date of August 27th, 2022 and planning is a nightmare. there is low stock on all rentals, when you can find some they are very pricey! Second guessing everything is so much fun (not). And no one warns you of the expenses up front. We got engaged at the end of august 2021 and I feel like I'm just throwing my life savings out the door left right and center while trying to do inexpensive options.

We will get through it though! Congratulations on the baby!! Make as many healthy choices as you can post baby BUT remember you just created a beautiful human so don't stress over a few extra lbs!! our bodies are amazing.

Cheers!

• M
    Maggie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Taylor! I’m late August too. And it has been so expensive already.. I’m fortunate enough where we waited 2 years before planning to try and avoid cancellations/restrictions due to covid. I am already preparing myself for the worst.

I haven’t gone through stress regarding the venue but I am stressed about invited and hotels without knowing what the final guest list will be (because of covid).
    Congrats on your wedding and your baby! That is really exciting but I understand. It is a lot at once!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Taylor! Congrats on the engagement and the pregnancy!! Smiley heart Welcome to WeddingWire!! My fiance and I are August 7 2022 in Kelowna BC

I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time planning. It's not always sunshine and rainbows like a lot of people talk about. Sometimes you just have to do a lot of research regards to prices for vendors before you find the right fit for you and your fiance.

For my fiance and I, it's been a stressful 2 years since we've had to postpone twice and having to deal with moving everything twice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics