Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N Lewis
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 27, 2021 in Ontario

N Lewis, on December 8, 2020 at 11:23 Posted in Ontario 0 9
I just wanted to say Hey to all the ladies who are getting married the same day as me in Ontario! I saw this feature and I thought it was pretty cool to connect this way.

How are you feeling about your wedding in August? I've personally been less than excited or motivated to plan cause life is so unpredictable right now. I should be shopping for a wedding dress this month but again I have no motivation. I'd love to hear from you!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on May 4, 2021 at 21:59
  • S
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi everyone! I am also August 27th, 2021. Finding planning a wee bit stressful as I am in Ontario and the wedding is indoors! We postponed from last year and are not postponing again. Does anyone have a back up plan??

• N Lewis
    N Lewis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhh I see. Yeah the Indoor part seems more stressful for planning. My wedding will be indoors but for me I intend on having a small wedding with few people anyway so indoor works for me. But if outdoors feels more relaxed and aligned with what you want, you should consider it and explore the option.
  • K
    Karissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Because it is still part of a hall it will be more strict on masking, and table sizes, and bringing your own caterer. Some pros to doing outdoor tent that these can be a little more relaxed
  • N Lewis
    N Lewis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think you can easily migrate the reception outdoors with the dance portion. What seems to be freaking you out ?
  • K
    Karissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thankfully I got bride and bridesmaid dresses before lockdown. Would have never thought I would have to rush for that.
  • K
    Karissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agreed! Just wondering peoples plans for summer weddings. I wanted AC indoor with only the dance outdoor but I feel as though I need to opt to all outdoor... help!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I mean, it is planning for a day where I get to marry the love of my life so it's hard to not find joy in it. The way I see it is, there's always some level of keeping restrictions in mind when it comes to wedding planning, even if it's not related to covid. We make it work within our means and in this case, even if we can't dance or have a buffet (or whatever else is typical of a wedding), we roll with the punches and have fun in other ways.

Hopefully lockdown will be lifted in time for you to buy a dress. If you're getting off the rack, it might not be a problem but if you're getting it made brand new for you, it will take some time.

• N Lewis
    N Lewis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I honestly want to find my dress in a brick and mortar shop. I really need to try them on to make a decision and see how they fit. You?

Also, How are you finding joy in the planning process?
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're the September long weekend so not far from your date. Though life is unpredictable, we're still finding joy in the planning process but I'm also the type who is used to working around restrictions since I work in events (admittedly though, most restrictions don't tend to be health related but still). We've been looking at any restriction with a positive spin - ie no dancing allowed means saving tons of money from getting a DJ, gathering restrictions mean not inviting people out of obligation etc.

Are you planning to buy your dress at a brick and mortar shop or are you going the online route?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics