Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 26, 2023 in Ontario

Lauren, on January 3, 2022 at 10:27 Posted in Ontario 0 14
Hi everyone! Wanted to say hi and see what stage of planning everyone is in.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Jesse, on October 13, 2022 at 16:26
  • Jesse
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Jesse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everything booked and ready to go ! Just have to wait until each event gets closer in date. Good luck everyone !

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would do dress as soon as you can. My appointment is next week and places are filling up fast and with the wedding boom ordering times may be longer than usual.

• Anahita
    Anahita ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Crazy how many people are getting married on the same day!!! Have the venue, ceremony, photographer/videographer booked so far! Have a zoom with an officiant coming up and finalizing things with a DJ in the next week or so! Going to do the limo very soon probably within the next month! When does everyone plan on buying their dress? Not sure when I should start or have it done by... thinking maybe July/August of this year? Thoughts?

• Jennamaria
    Jennamaria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone!!
    Congrats to you all on your engagement ♥️
    I’ve got a lot done so far! All I have left to book is a DJ, Officiant, hairstylist and bus/car rental. I got engaged July 2021 so I did a lot last year.
  • Ally
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah, well that’s also just photographers I’ve searched in Ottawa. So if you’re Toronto or somewhere else, it could be cheaper or more expensive . It’ sucks with how expensive it is but In my opinion, the best investment
  • L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! That’s bout double what I thought in terms of starting price. Oof
  • Ally
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey Lauren, from what I’ve done my research on photographers start roughly at 3000$. Depending on the photographer, there will be different packages with different prices and others will charge just have 1 package with one fee. With what you’re looking for, that’s something easily you can tell your photographer and you can also search different photographers on Instagram and google and see their different styles of photos.

Hope this helps!
  • L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think our next vendor to book will be a photographer. What is the typical price point for one?! We don’t want a videographer or too many posed photos. We love more candid and “captured” moments
  • Ally
    Ally ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone! We have our venue, our DJ and my hairstylist booked so far! We’re also booking our photographer tonight! I’m so excited and august 26th 2023 can’t come sooner!!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel it helps if you're not dead set on a particular date. We looked at 12 venues when we were venue hunting and while all of them had our preferred date, they did have Saturdays within the same month. It also depends on the popularity of the location and whether it's an exclusive space or if they can fit multiple events in.

• Brittney
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wonder if that depends on location. So far, our date has been available at each location we've looked at. I'm sure that can change at anytime though.

• L
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’ve booked our venue so far. Looking at photographers now. I’m so afraid of places booking up. When looking at venues we noticed most places were already booked for summer 2023.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement and welcome wot WeddingWire!! Smiley heart

• Brittney
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Brittney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

VEEERRRRY early stages over here lol!

We've set a budget and toured at least 5 different venues. We haven't settled on the perfect location yet.

What about you?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics