Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Featured August 2023 Alberta

Couples getting married on August 24, 2024 in Alberta

Brittany, on November 8, 2021 at 12:27 Posted in Alberta 1 4

HI Everyone!

I know it is so far out but I wanted to see and hear about everyone getting married in August of 2024.

What made you choose a date so far out? Ours was because of deployments (my fiancé is in the military) and for extra time to save for the wedding so we can have the wedding of our dreams.

We just recently booked The Whitewood Barn and since they have an partnered caterer and bartender/alcohol, we have those booked technically too!

Now that we got the main factors needed for a wedding booked, it is time to enjoy the engagement and come up with plenty of different ideas, color schemes and themes for the wedding.

You guys should see my Pinterest board, it is huge and probably wont stop growing until the summer of 2023 when we start making decisions on what we want!

Happy Planning!

4 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on November 9, 2021 at 11:29
  • Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! It is really incomparable to the other places we checked out. The size, the location, the smell, their partnered business are all perfect. It was a very easy decision!

The big thing that played a factor is that all other outdoor places (besides 1 other) smelt like manure and my fiancé could not stand it, AT ALL. After that it was down to two: Obsidian Ridge and The Whitewood Barn. Because Obsidian Ridge is absolutely HUGE it didn't make sense with a 60-70 person wedding, so that is how we decided.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm so happy that you picked the Whitewood Barn!!!! You are going to love it!!! Smiley heart

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We felt the same. It gives us so much time to save, make choices or even change our ideas; without the pressure of needing money asap to book.

And covid played a huge part as well, we did not want to deal with it so we hope by 2024 it will be dealt with.

• J
    Newbie August 2024 Alberta
    Jaydyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose 2024 because we wanted lots of time to save money and plan without pressure for the wedding of our dreams. We also hoped that covid restrictions wouldn't affect our wedding ideas by then. I also don't like odd numbers so a 2023 wedding was just not an option. Our anniversary is August 20th so around that date (August 24, 2024) seemed like the perfect wedding date!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics