Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 21, 2021 in Ontario

Jessica, on April 26, 2021 at 20:27 Posted in Ontario 0 4
Hi Everyone! With the date coming soon, is anyone else getting nervous with the Ontario lockdown and not able to have a reception. I invited just under 80 guests for an outdoor wedding and am now starting a plan B for if we can just have the ceremony.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on May 4, 2021 at 12:18
  • Tracy
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

August 14th will be our day (previously postponed). Yes I was finally getting excited and started planning again then this 3rd lockdown and new strain, so scary being in the thousands when I was nervous in the 100's before. We are doing intimate (25) at home in back yard, and now that I have come to terms with this is not how we envisioned it and it is going to be very different, I'm starting to come up with new ideas on how to make it our happy event. Bottom line we are getting to marry the person we love and that's what counts. Whether people are there in person or online...and the other bonus we are focusing on is that a smaller wedding means quality time with our guests and we can have many more celebrations in small groups Smiley smile

• Katerina
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Katerina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are Aug 14th as well and have under 80 guests. Trying to be optimistic but feeling like we will go ahead either way even if we have to cut the list down.

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jessica! August 14, 2021 here

We're still trying to stay positive that we will be able to do a (safe) outdoor reception for up to 100 guests come August. All options are currently on the table for us, but we will ultimately make our decision whether to proceed or postpone come mid-end of June. With vaccines becoming more widely available, hoping things settle down over the next couple months and start looking a little closer to last Summer!!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're Sept 5 and have various backups planned for whatever lockdown flavour of the month is presented to us. Unless these variant cases go down (and we stop getting new variants), we're already anticipating a lack of reception for our wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics