Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Newbie August 2023 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 19, 2023 in Ontario

Gabrielle, on August 15, 2022 at 14:37 Posted in Ontario 4 15

Hello everyone ! My partner and myself are getting married August 19, 2023 and now approaching the 1 year mark the stress is starting to set. Excited but avoiding my to do list currently. lol

15 Comments

Latest activity by Tochi, on January 7, 2023 at 22:29
  • Tochi
    Tochi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Helloo!!! Also getting married August 19th, 2023. My dog will definitely be walking down that aisle….lol
  • Whitney
    Whitney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also getting married on August 19th 2023! We are doing a super small micro wedding (~35 people) at a family cottage on Lake Huron. Right now, our focus is finding a caterer in the area so we're not paying an arm and a leg for travel fees! Plus the fun of dress shopping and planning the decor.

• L
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Lily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ah! My fiance and I are also getting married on August 19, 2023! It seems to be a very popular date in our city as we know of four other weddings that day!

It'll definitely be here before we know it but enjoy your time! How has your planning been going? I pretty much have everything done but we are just paying off deposits. I do have to book transportation for the day of as well as rehearsal dinner/bridal shower things.

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married September 2023 and I already have pretty much everything done. But closer to the mark is when I will be really busy since I'll be in contact with the venue. They do it all so I'm on a little stand still until then. Enjoy the quiet before the storm. If you plan on DIY some of your wedding stuff start doing it as a winter project. But one year mark is the exciting mark we are that much closer to our big day, enjoy it celebrate it.

• G
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No I dont think its too late, but I wouldnt wait much longer. I would try and nail down a venue asap Smiley heart Any ideas of the type of venue?

• G
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats! Smiley heart At least were not alone in feeling the stress lol

• Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    🤎 I hadn't though of that for the venue !! Thanks for shedding some light on that!

Also is it too late to book a venue at the one year mark ? I was planning on doing a backyard micro wedding but now that the restrictions and pandemic have died down a bit, my father requested that the extended family(aunts uncles cousins etc) be invited and if it goes that way I need to have a venue because my tiny house (not that tiny maybe 1800sf) won't fit more than the 25 ppl I've planned for.
  • G
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omg a puppy how cute! My fiancee and myself have two dogs, a Boston terrier and a yorkie pom. We were very upset to find out our venue wont allow them to be apart of our ceremony or reception so our way of including them is in the pictures post ceremony. We have arranged for someone to bring our dogs to the spot where photos will be taken, and have them all dressed up so they can still have a part of our day.

If you are lucky enough to have the opportunity to include your pup in the ceremony then you should have him walk down the isle with someone you love. Smiley heart

• G
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh how exciting Smiley heart yes, its come so quickly!! I have all those things booked so hopefully Im on track.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey! I am not in Ontario but I am getting married August 18th, 2023! And all I gotta say is enjoy the time! It will go by so quick. We decided to do a micro wedding back in the beginning of May and I can not believe we are already at our one year mark! Make sure you have your major vendors booked (venue, catering, baker, photographer, hair & make-up, music and bartending) and the rest should be a breeze!

• Nicolas
    Nicolas ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi everyone! Can't believe were just up on the 1 year mark. What are you all currently working on for the wedding?

• J
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same date here!! Feeling the same way lol

• Deborah
    Deborah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hiii congratulations !! We too are getting married on aug 19th and i feel the stress building up too! We recently got a puppy and now im also trying to wrap my head around making space for him during the ceremony / including him in some way!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Enjoy this next year! It will go by so quick!

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just enjoy the planning process. Why stress just because it's the one year mark?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics