Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brae
Newbie August 2026 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 15, 2026 in Ontario

Brae, on October 8, 2024 at 18:42 Posted in Ontario 0 3

Hey everyone! just deciding on whether or not my fiancé and I should just elope, or plan an entire wedding. The first option seems like the best solution for us, but I don't want to have regrets later on... Any advice? What's everyone else's wedding plans for August 2026?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Leandra, yesterday at 12:24
  • Leandra
    Featured June 2024 Ontario
    Leandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!! I agree with the other ladies and think you should do what’s best for you guys.

If you’re torn between eloping and having a traditional wedding, another option is going to city hall and having a small “elopement style” legal wedding and then having more of a party later on! Or you could even elope with just the 2 of you now and have a wedding kind of party to celebrate an anniversary afterwards! That way you kind of get the best of both worlds 🩷
    The day is supposed to be what you both dream of so make sure you don’t let others too heavily influence your decision. I think at the end of the day, you’re marrying your person, so you really can’t make a wrong choice 🩷
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Brae, I agree - go with your heart and you won't have any regrets Smiley heart Also only the two of you need to be ok with the decision, everyone else will have to respect it.

Are there big reasons why you don't want to host a wedding with friends and family? You could always do a getaway elopement and then plan a more intimate dinner gathering with friends and family - this is becoming quite common.

• Bre
    Newbie August 2026 Ontario
    Bre ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hiiii!! Engaged 01/18/24 - just booked our venue today and I couldn't be happier ☺️ Countdown is on...674 days and counting lol. I don't think you can go wrong doing your wedding the way you want to. I grappled with the elopement/wedding idea as well and inevitably we went with the wedding because we (maybe just I) wanted the big party with all friends and fam 😅 Good luck in your decision girl 💓

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics