Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jadee
Newbie August 2021 Alberta

Couples getting married on August 14, 2021 in Alberta

Jadee, on January 18, 2021 at 15:52 Posted in Alberta 0 2
Hello wedding twins! I am wondering what everyone is planning for their August 14th weddings? I have been seriously stressing about restrictions and considering cancelling. We cancelled last year and rebooked everything for this summer and I just don't see an end in sight for these restrictions. The contract with our venue is for 100 people and I really can't see that happening/cant justify paying this much for a venue if we can only have 10/20 people. Unfortunately our venue is refusing to let us cancel so seeking advice from lawyers at this point. What are the rest of you doing?

2 Comments

Latest activity by Shay, on January 20, 2021 at 12:29
  • Shay
    Beginner July 2021 Alberta
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

July 24 here! Not handling the stress all that well lol. We made the decision to get married on that date no matter what, even if its going to the courthouse. We also decided that we need the restrictions to be lifted enough that we can have at least 75 people and a reception, otherwise we will get legally married and postpone the reception. Not sure when to make the decision to postpone but I read its around the time of ordering invitations, so Mayish. The last few days though I've been thinking about how if we wait until May we might not be able to get our photographers moved, they said they are booking 2022 up fast which makes sense! SO i was debating if we put two deposits down with them to be able to get a date or suck it up and find a photographer who is available when the time comes. I haven't had much motivation to really plan anything the last few months, i feel like COVID is completely ruining the whole planning process and im a planner so i was loving it until maybe October/November

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance and I are getting married August 7 2021 in Kelowna BC. We're going ahead with our wedding as planned right now. We already postponed our first date August 8 2020 back in May and don't really want to postpone again. The only way that we'd postpone again is if gathering sizes don't increase more then 10. We're waiting until maybe the end of March early April or even May before we make a final decision about postponing another year.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics