Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Olivia
Curious August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on August 12, 2021 in Ontario

Olivia, on May 21, 2021 at 10:28 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hello August 12 2021 Brides! I have been trying to stay positive during Covid wedding planning but after the reveal of the new reopening plan this week I am feeling discouraged again. Just curious about what everyone else is thinking? Are you postponing? If so when? The fall? Next year? Planning on going ahead? What have your vendors and venues been suggesting? Our venue suggested we pick another date to at least put on hold for now until we decide what to do. My concern about waiting to decide is that because it is a Thursday wedding, many of our friends and family have to book time off work. I don't think it is fair to keep them in limbo about what to do. How is everyone else feeling? Hoping for some support during such an unpredictable time.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Olivia, on May 25, 2021 at 12:35
  • Olivia
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Olivia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone for replying. It is nice to know I am not alone in all this uncertainty. With the lack of information given about Stage 3 and the no possible way of knowing when we will even be in Stage 3, it makes things even harder. It really is all a guessing game at this point. If there is anything I have learned through this whole pandemic is that nothing is certain.

Our ceremony is outdoors so we will for sure go ahead with limited numbers. But it is looking more like we will postpone the indoor reception till next year. Gives me enough time to save up and buy a second dress if I want. Smiley tongue

• Duska
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Duska ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You may be safe to have it during 2nd stage as long as you social distance. I think this whole thing is absurd. Who knows maybe tomorrow Mr Ford will tell us we can't even be on our phones.
  • Lucineh
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Lucineh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I feel your frustration. I am feeling same way! Our wedding was supposed to be April 22 this year but didn't happen and now I am trying to find a new date. Its only 10 ppl wedding but it seems have yo wait till third stage end of July. Soooooo frustrating
  • S
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Saadiya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 20 2021 here with an indoor venue.

I’m not sure. I’ve been going over the plan and key target dates and vaccination numbers but unfortunately we still have NO clue what the step 3 capacity restrictions are going to be.
    It really sucks because if in step 2 we can have 25 gather outdoors what will be the step 3 number? 50? 100? Who knows ..
    Indoors will be 5 people in step 2 so what is the likelihood we will see numbers like 15-30% capacity like we did last year?
    The idea that even in August you could maybeeee have 50 outdoors is absurd. We had better limits last summer. It’s all a guessing game right now.
    Leaving these numbers intentionally blank does not provide the so called clarify Ford said it would to allow people to resume some normalcy in their lives.
  • Duska
    Duska ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel for you. I was supposed to be married last August 22nd but then it got moved to June 12th of this year. Now it's been moved again to August 14th of this year. I'm so discouraged and depressed right now and the more I read about how the lockdowns benefit Doug Ford's business the more hope I lose. I'm trying to look up backyard air bnbs to just go ahead with it anyway and screw the Ontario government.
  • N
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey fellow August 12th bride! I totally feel your pain, wedding planning during a pandemic has been so stressful! I am an original August 13th, 2020 bride who has already postponed my wedding once and honestly at this point we've decided we are just going forward with our plans and are hoping for the best! Postponing is such a pain in the butt, which is why we are not changing our date again. We actually already got legally married last September in our backyard with close family and our wedding party, and that was wonderful. We postponed the main event thinking this summer would be back to normal, of course we were wrong Smiley ups . I also feel for my wedding vendors because postponing on them again would be really hard -- they have already lost quite a bit of income from last summer.

We are fortunate that we are getting married in Quebec (just north of Ottawa), so we are relying more on their reopening plan than Ontario's (which appears to be less restrictive), but living in Ontario we still need them to open up somewhat to be able to organize things (dress fitting, suit rentals, etc.).

Our venue has been AMAZING and even told us about some of the weddings they were able to host last summer and what that looked like. We are fortunate that our venue has a large outdoor space, so we can easily move things outdoors if there are less restrictions that way. Was your venue able to give you an idea of weddings they hosted August of last year? I think this summer will look a lot better than last summer now that we have vaccines, but of course there is still the potential for some restrictions that may change the way you originally envisioned your wedding. It is so hard to predict or know what everything will look like. We let our guests know that we will be following whatever protocols are in the place at the time, and I have every confidence that our vendors will be working to keep everyone safe. We also let everyone know that we understood if some weren't comfortable attending because of Covid.

I think your decision totally depends on your venue as well as what you both envision for your wedding. I'm definitely hoping dancing will be OK by that point, but don't want to get my hopes up so have decided that will be a bonus for us if it happens!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics