Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Fabiola
Curious September 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on April 25, 2021 in Ontario

Fabiola, on September 9, 2020 at 21:17 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Who is feeling anxious about booking with a venue amidst all these guest restrictions with the current pandemic going on right now. I've heard of people losing their deposits because the halls won't postpone dates for them.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Fabiola, on September 16, 2020 at 22:45
  • Fabiola
    Fabiola ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely understand your anxiety. You still have some time to see how things unfold. You don't need to send out your invitations until the end of December so if by then things don't change, then postpone your date again. I trust the venue would see you through these difficult times. Let me know how things go! Best of luck...I'm sure it will all go well. Smiley smile

• Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were able to postpone our wedding from November 7th, 2020 to March 27th 2021 without effecting our deposit. Now, being 6 months away again we are thinking about needing to postpone again. We chose the March date because every other Saturday was booked.. now we are learning Fri/Sun next year are nearly all booked as well. Definitely feeling anxious about these restrictions..Im not sure what our venue is going to do this time for us

• Fabiola
    Fabiola ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re right Hank! I should stick to my guns and be sure to work with a venue that will accommodate our needs. Thank you for that!! 💪🏻💪🏻
  • Fabiola
    Fabiola ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Vanessa, that sounds like a great idea! I will be sure to do that 😉
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pretty much what Vanessa said. If you're adamant about keeping your date instead of waiting, you pretty much have to include provisions that won't screw you over financially if things go south. If the vendor refuses such a clause, move on. Tons of people willing to work with couples without needing to resorting to sneak attacks.

• Vanessa
    Newbie April 2021 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! For us we booked our venue right before COVID hit. I got my dress ordered (I now have it) and we only booked a videographer at this point. For the vendors I am making sure of a clause if we had to move our wedding etc what that means about our deposits etc.

If you haven’t booked a venue I would do the same for that to make sure for a clause about the minimums etc as you don’t have a contract with them yet you can get them to amend it as necessary Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics