Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meaghan
Newbie April 2022 Ontario

Couples getting married on April 23, 2022 in Ontario

Meaghan, on October 4, 2020 at 20:42 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hope everyone gets the wedding of their dreams!

Is anyone planning already? Booked a venue?
How are you planning your guest list, limited or has if pandemic is over?
👰🏻🤵🏼

8 Comments

Latest activity by Hank, on October 15, 2020 at 19:09
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You mean the one that made the news? Yup, shame on them indeed.

• K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hank, you are right. There is a very well known vendor that is demanding a minimum of 150 people for a Saturday with a minimum spend of $20K for the day and they aren't budging on their policy for the pandemic. I saw it in their reviews on several bridal pages! Sad really, some vendors are bending over backward and others are being so strict.

• K
    Curious December 2022 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Meaghan,

Congratulations! My husband and I are getting remarried on the exact same day after just about 31 years at that point. It was supposed to happen in April of 2021 for our 30th but COVID happened and we postponed a year. But 31 years is still something to celebrate when you haven't smothered each other with a pillow for snoring! LOL.

We haven't booked a venue yet, as we are finding many venues aren't even responding right now due to the pandemic. One out of 13 venues got back to me and advised me to contact them again in the new year to see what was available for 2022 because they weren't booking 2022 due to COVID. So we are in limbo for another 4 months. I guess we are all in a wait and see situation right now.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's good. Some couples sign their venues with a particular minimum in place (ie 200 people) and even when government regulations were not allowing such numbers, the venues demanded they pay for that particular minimum.

• Meaghan
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My venue doesn't need a final count till a couple weeks before the wedding so I have over a year thankfully
  • Meaghan
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats a good idea, I have a list of 125 and could easily get it below 100 but to get it down to 50 may be hard. I just hope that by the end of 2021 when I have to decide on who to send invites to there will be no restrictions
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Meghan, based on the number of horror stories with postponements and contract changes, I highly suggest booking your venue with the lowest number you can (around 50 people) and then add to that if regulations allow. Venues are much more inclined to allow you to add guests and spend more than to take away and spend less than your contract.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Meaghan,
    We were supposed to get married this year but have postponed until next year. We are planning AS IF the pandemic is over, but I also have a plan B & C which is if we have to restrict our guest to 100 people and if we have to restrict to 50 people this way I am not deciding who comes last minute.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics