Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Couples getting married on 7/august/2019 in Alberta

Anna, on January 14, 2019 at 22:03 Posted in Alberta 0 5
Any of you get told by family that no one will show for your wedding because its on a wednesday? My mother seems to think even though its summer people aren't going to take the day off work for a wedding (my point: but they will for a funeral on a weekday any time of the year... ) am I alone here? -.-

5 Comments

Latest activity by Hélène, on February 5, 2019 at 17:40
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been having the same experience with my Sunday wedding. Then there are the vendors who send quotes and then when I want to book are all "Oh, it's a Sunday? We can't do that unless you order more than what you have."

• A
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is pretty much why we are. Though I'm getting annoyed with vendors constantly replying. " is your date correct? Are you aware its a Wednesday?" Yes I am very aware, you didn't answer my question... Doesn't even send the package info, just replied assuming the dates wrong...
  • Eve
    Eve ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Same here. We do it on a weekday to avoid extra costs and over booking. Our family is all in Manitoba and Germany, and they will take time off and fly in on any day. If they want to be part of the day, they will make it work. Plus most want to spend a few days here afterwards or before anyway, so it doesn’t make a difference what days they have to take off.

• A
    Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you sweetie, I agree fully. My mothers wedding was on Thanksgiving weekend yet all her guests showed up. She doesn't want to financially help for the bill but she sure is loving putting in her input and opinions lol.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know I'm not from Alberta OR have my wedding on a weekday... but I wanted to jump in here!

IMO, I think that if the people that you invite are close enough to you they can and will suck it up and make an effort to be there for you on your big day. Sure, if I were to do that I know that I would have family that just couldn't make it but that's because they live like 4.5 hours North of Winnipeg and have kids (my wedding is 18+ for booze reasons).

If your family is willing to take a day off for a funeral, then most of them (maybe not all) should be able to take a day off for your wedding. Plus... weddings are expensive... and weekdays are usually less costly... so if they want to foot the bill!! lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics