Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ashley
Beginner September 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 6/september/2020 in Ontario

Ashley, on September 13, 2018 at 01:18 Posted in Ontario 0 8
Hi guys! Just wanted to say hi to all those getting married on the same day! My name is Ashley and I’m from Pickering.

I was wondering if anyone has booked their venue yet? I just started looking for mine and it’s overwhelming lol!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Cassie, on April 3, 2020 at 10:41
  • Cassie
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello! I was a May 23 bride. Now I am a September 6 bride due to this awful virus. I’m getting married in Ontario! I was hoping our wedding day going from a Saturday to a Sunday would save us money but the venue wasn’t willing to even discuss it. Oh well.
  • Adrianna
    Adrianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley, I'm from Ajax! Feel free to reach out for any tips and tricks. I got a sunday price for our date. but a lot of venues charge the saturday price

• Imelda
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Imelda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I chose Belcroft Estates down in Innisfil ON as my venue and they treated the Sunday as a Saturday price because of the long weekend.

• Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I received the Sunday discount but I know there are a lot of venues that treat it like a Saturday wedding (pricing wise).
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey guys. I was wondering, did you guys get a discount booking it on a Sunday even though it’s the long weekend? Or was it the same price as a Saturday?
  • Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi, I'm Andrea!

I'm getting married at the Royal Ashburn golf club. I'm probably having a wedding of under 80 guests, so that helped narrow down the venues quite a bit. I'm living in Toronto, but grew up in Ajax, so that's why we are having the wedding in Durham.

Cheers!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Ashley, welcome to the Wedding Wire Community! I'm Allison (Alli) and I live in Thunder Bay, getting married in my hometown of London, ON.

You are totally on the right track about looking for venues 2 years out. Is there anything specific you need in a venue (i.e. outdoor ceremony, hotel banquet hall)? I would limit venues to what you want/non-negotiables (stuff you can't live without). I have a file with questions to ask potential venues that I cannot find right now, but when I do I'll send it to you somehow.

Happy planning in the meantime!

• Sarah Atteck
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Sarah Atteck ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Ashley,

My name is Sarah and I’m from Whitby!

Yes, I recently booked my venue at Deer Creek in Ajax. It was an insane process, my fiancé and I must’ve looked at every venue on WeddingWire before finalizing. I would say that once you visit a place, if it’s the perfect place and within budget you should go with your gut! Deer Creek was one of the firsts we visited and I immediately fell in love. Also, it’s much easier to find a place when you have a budget (max per person cost), number of guests, geographic boundaries and an idea of what type of venue (for us we knew we wanted a golf course). Much easier to eliminate places!

Feel free to reach out if you need any advice!

Sarah

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics