Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Leah
Newbie October 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on 6/june/2020 in Ontario

Leah, on August 16, 2018 at 23:08 Posted in Ontario 0 5
My fiancé and I recently decided to extend our engagement to save money for our dream wedding! How far along is everyone in the planning stages? How do you feel about having a longer engagement?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Ashleigh, on May 9, 2020 at 22:54
  • Ashleigh
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just curious who has post poned and who is moving forward on this date????

• Rachel-Anne
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Rachel-Anne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi everyone:

We got engaged December 2018 and are getting married in June 2020. I would have loved to get married in 2019; but logistically, we had to wait until at least winter 2019/2020; and blah - winter. We are thrilled that a longer engagement has allowed us time to save and plan with less stress. It has also allowed us to budget for a honeymoon in Europe Smiley smile

By April we had booked our ceremony venue and by June we had booked our reception venue. Once we had the date locked in, it made life much easier for planning; as we did not want to lock in a lot of other vendors until we were certain of the dates and locations.

Happy planning everyone!

• Skylor
    Frequent user August 2020 Ontario
    Skylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    We were engaged in March of 2019. We are also getting married on June 6th 2020. Honestly a longer engagement isn't a bad thing. We started to plan things almost immediately. We booked a venue that manages all of the details of the wedding. If we hadn't done this I would be feeling alot of pressure.
  • Kyla
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Kyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a long engagement, engaged March 2017, will be married Sept 2019. It was so nice to have a full year to really enjoy being engaged. Wedding planning is no joke and it's stressful! I say take the time to enjoy it.

• Alexandra
    Beginner March 2022 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey!! June 6th 2020 here too!!

My fiance and I LOVE the idea of a longer engagement. We have lots of time to pick our vendors and for most things we don't have to stress about things becoming unavailable or being booked up.

We've booked our venue and put a deposit on that so far and besides that we have endless meetings with other vendors. Its good to be able to have time meet with so many people to find good pricing and to go with people you really vibe with!

Hopefully you're having a blast planning!

Goodluck with everything!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics