Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Super October 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 5/october/2019 in Ontario

Katelyn, on November 3, 2018 at 08:10 Posted in Ontario 0 9
Just curious for all those October 5th weddings. What is your theme? Do you have a venue picked? How is planning going. And if anyone has any recommended vendors I'm sure we would all love to know.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on March 20, 2019 at 14:12
  • Kelsey
    Curious October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a rustic theme. Our centerpieces are geometric lamps with fairy lights in the bulb (got them from Dollarama haha) and we are going to put them on wooden slabs and put some greenery around them. We are getting married at Chicopee Ski & Summer Resort in Kitchener and it looks absolutely stunning in the fall! We are also incorporating rose gold into the wedding colours because both of our rings are rose gold.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No way! That is what my dad will be doing for our centrepieces as well! I gave this picture to him for reference but I think we may use a different type of wood

Couples getting married on 5/october/2019 in Ontario 1

The one thing that I will say - make sure you drill holes big enough for candles that are bigger than just tea lights or you will only have them lit for an hour or so. I think I will be going with votive candles Smiley smile

• Mariah
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Mariah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Once I get one done will do!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow you have to post pictures!
  • Mariah
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Mariah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All our centre pieces will be DIY. Not 100 percent sure but probably cutting birch trees and either burning/carving or drilling holes to hold tea lights etc. Depends on time and help too. Might just grab some glass jars add some water, birch and flowers too. But the bouquets will be welded metal and copper flowers with babies breath.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! Doing a lot of DIY's? I'm growing my own succulents for centerpieces
  • Mariah
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Mariah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Theme is rustic, venue picked I believe just need to put a deposit, planning is....interesting. venue is a golf course. Reception at the same place.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Planning is going well. We are having ceremony and reception at the same place. Its currently booked and ready to go. I have my dress and the wedding party attire. Ive decided on invitations but Im waiting a bit to have them printed. We also have our photographer. Not sure when our engagement photos will be as the date has been pushed twice. But these things happen. My future hubby Trevor proposed to me on Thanksgiving Monday this year. It was very nice!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well I'm not getting married in Ontario - but I sure do love the date of October 5th 2019! lol Congrats on the engagement by the way Smiley laugh

Me and my FH went with our favourite colours (teal and plum) and may add like a burnt orange or red to make it less peacock-y. Other than that we are going for a rustic chic look.

So far we have the venues for the social and the wedding, food, photographer, officiant, have a meeting with a DJ on Wednesday and the alcohol people on Friday, and have our engagement photo's scheduled for December (I proposed December 30th 2017 and want to recreate it).

How are you doing with the planning?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics