Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Couples getting married on 4/may/2019 in Alberta

Peggy, on November 30, 2017 at 10:58 Posted in Alberta 0 9

So...how many of us chose May 4 because of Star Wars? Or is it just me/us? We fully admit we are huge nerds!

9 Comments

Latest activity by April, on February 2, 2018 at 16:29
  • April
    Newbie May 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds awesome! I ordered a bunch of Star wars cuff links off beyond the rack a few weeks ago and will be getting a garter with a character on it as well.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Part of the groomsman gifts will be Star Wars cufflinks (Likely stormtroopers, and the groom will have Darth Vader). My garter belt will likely have some sort of SW symbol on it.

Our ceremony won't have any Star Wars references, though - it's a traditional Anglican ceremony, so heavy on the Church aspect.

The reception is a tropical theme, BUT we are throwing in a few SW things (the entrance/characters, the battle). We have a few of our friends from the 501st Legion who are wanting to dress up as twi'leks to bartend for us, which would be awesome!

• April
    Newbie May 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We aren't going over the top. I want some subtlety for the ceremony but game on for the reception. He is getting a tie fighter wing, the flowers will have Lego Star Wars guys in them cause he loves Lego as well. The cake will look normal on one side and then star wars on the other. Lightsabers for decorations and such.

How bout you? I see you're doing a battle! that's fun. We wanted to do that as well but we want to fight each other and I will make him succumb to the dark side lol.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fun! What are you doing for your Star Wars theme?

• April
    Newbie May 2019 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are!! And it’s Star Wars themed!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhhh!!!! That is great!!! I didn't even think of that! We are doing July 2018 though 😋
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also figure there will be 'Revenge of the Fifth' after the toonie bar. Hahaha

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, we are! We're members of the 501st, so we're going to have an honour guard of Stormtroopers (and other characters) for our grand entrance! We're also planning a choreographed lightsaber battle (against 2 sith) instead of a first dance...this is a surprise for everyone other than myself, my fiancé and the 2 friends who are the Sith!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

May the 4th be with you Smiley heart

Are you doing anything Star Wars themed for the wedding?

Couples getting married on 4/may/2019 in Alberta 1

Photo from Army Wife Artist

Couples getting married on 4/may/2019 in Alberta 2

Photo by Caca Santoro Photography

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics