Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caroline
Newbie October 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 31/october/2020 in Ontario

Caroline, on May 11, 2018 at 10:37 Posted in Ontario 0 6

Hi,

My name is Caroline, I am planning my wedding on October 31, 2020. My partner and I aren't your typical couple were somewhat unique. We have decided on The Nightmare Before Christmas to be our theme for the night. I'm thinking black, deep purple, and hints of white and orange as our colours. Idk if I will ask or allow the guests to dress up, If I'm doing flowers or not still so much to decide. For locations, we are thinking Barn or Mansion. Now to why we picked Halloween for our special day, as I mentioned, we are unique and honestly, I love Halloween and a traditional wedding wouldn't suit us at all.

Why did you pick Halloween for your wedding day?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Shla, on April 3, 2019 at 15:17
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got married on October 30th 2010, my first time around. We had a Halloween wedding because I refused to have a traditional one. It was so fun. We did have people dress and up and the night was awesome.

I WISH my fiance and I could do Halloween again. With a nice, dark, gothic glam theme. To celebrate the fact that it's 10 years later and my relationship with him is 10 times greater than my first!
  • Caroline
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really that's amazing sounds wonderful. I have been looking for inspiration online with not much luck. The hardest thing I'm dealing with is having the theme and not making the wedding seem like a kids party. I love the theme but I also my wedding to be elegant in its own way but still fun and have the sprite of Halloween.

• Nicole
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did a Nightmare Before Christmas themed wedding at my hall last year. The couple actually got married on Oct 31, but did their reception on the weekend. It was honestly my favourite wedding that I have ever worked. They even had a motion censored Jack doll hanging in a wedding arch that talked and moved when you walked by! It was so awesome!

Good luck with your wedding and have so much fun planning that special day!!!!! Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing a Halloween wedding but I love that you are! There's so many ways you can execute it and I think you've got it on the nose by going with The Nightmare Before Christmas!

• Caroline
    Caroline ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the first cake. We are think Christmas ornaments for favors.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Caroline! Welcome to WeddingWire!! Smiley heart

I think your theme is so fun and there's a ton of different decor ideas you could use!

Here are some of my favorite inspiration pics from Pinterest:

Couples getting married on 31/october/2020 in Ontario 1:: Etsy

Couples getting married on 31/october/2020 in Ontario 2:: Etsy

Couples getting married on 31/october/2020 in Ontario 3:: Pinterest

Couples getting married on 31/october/2020 in Ontario 4:: Etsy

Couples getting married on 31/october/2020 in Ontario 5

Photo from The Cake Lady

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics