Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Curious May 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on 23/may/2020 in Ontario

Taylor, on February 2, 2019 at 22:22 Posted in Ontario 0 14
Hi All,

Looks like we are all getting married on May 23rd, 2020! How exciting Smiley laugh ! Does this day hold any special/historical significance to you and your fiancé? What’s the reason you picked it?!

For us, we chose May 23rd,2020, because May 23rd, 2015 was the night we met! So when we saw that May 23, 2020 fell on a Saturday, we knew we had to have it. We’re having our ceremony at the Ancaster Mill Miller’s Chapel and then our reception to follow at Marquis Garden’s Ancaster in Ontario. Where are you getting married?! 😍

14 Comments

Latest activity by Julianna, on March 4, 2020 at 11:07
  • J
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Julianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are getting married on the second floor terrace and then reception in the first floor ballroom (all at the hotel). See you there I guess!!

• J
    Julianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are at the C Hotel, larger room 😊
  • Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey! I'm getting married at Carmen's on the 23rd also!! Which room did you choose? Smiley smile

• J
    Julianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Marquis gardens is a beautiful location. I have been there a couple times for different events.

We chose May 23, 2020 because we wanted it to be on the opposite end of the year from both of our birthdays and current anniversary (all in November). The 23rd will fall on the long weekend once in a while too which is excellent!

We are getting married at the Carmen's hotel that day Smiley love

• Savannah
    Frequent user April 2020 Ontario
    Savannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No significance to the date, we just chose it because it's usually just starting to get warm around that time and figured it would be a great time to have our ceremony outdoors. We are getting married on the Dolce Rooftop and having our reception at the same place at The C Hotel in Hamilton!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No way us too! We are also getting married in Owen sound what venue did you choose!?
  • L
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked May 23 because that was the day of our first "date" in 2014! We went to prom together (as "friends") since we had been best friends throughout high school and started dating a few weeks later in June when we realized we liked each other more than friends. Nice to meet you all!
  • MJVP
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    MJVP ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Gorgeous space!

• MJVP
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    MJVP ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Everyone! I got engaged on 06/29 and we already have the dress, venue, and pastor booked! Super excited.

We are getting married at Arrowwood Farms in Melbourne, ON.....beautiful outdoor setting and cozy indoor venue!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is a beautiful space!
  • Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose this day because it was the closest day to our first date and big things always seem to happen for us on the May long weekend ( but we couldn’t do the May long weekend due to family reasons)
  • Cassie
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married at the Mississauga Convention Centre, which is actually where I had prom. So weird! They renovated it beautifully since and it’s so convenient in terms of location and pricing. I’ve always wanted a May wedding, so it was no brainer haha!
  • Taylor
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey! I’ve attached a photo of where our ceremony will be... I started to cry when we first walked into the space, I find it to be absolutely stunning and exactly what I was looking for! The grounds at the Ancaster Mill are also absolutely beautiful for photos after the ceremony. Where did you get married?

Couples getting married on 23/may/2020 in Ontario 1
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is such a cool coincidence and so sweet you could have your wedding on a date that is already special to you! I also got married in May and it is a beautiful time of year for a wedding. What are the venues you chose like?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics