Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Michelle
Curious January 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 23/january/2021 in Ontario

Michelle, on December 25, 2018 at 21:24 Posted in Ontario 0 4
First of all Congratulations!!!

What were your decision making factors to help you choose a winter wedding?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Kevette, on July 30, 2019 at 14:24
  • Kevette
    Newbie January 2021 Ontario
    Kevette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi all!

I hope it's not too late for me to add my 2 cents.

My fiancee and I choose January 23rd, 2021 because it is our 13th year anniversary. We both enjoy the winter and just as Jennifer said, the freshly fallen snow is beautiful!

Congrats and have fun wedding planning!!!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aawwww. love the proposal! its just real!! and sweet!

Welcome to the community! its a great resource/group of supportive people!

I personally went the exact opposite of a winter wedding. because I can't stand the cold/winter. haha. but a family member had a January wedding last year. She did it because it is her favorite season. She wanted the winter photos. and she lucked out and had a fresh fallen snow the night before so the photos were beautiful. The only thing I can say. is be prepared for last minute no shows due to weather (if you have out of town guests) or due to illness. (her wedding was early January...so a lot of illness right after the holidays). but she didn't let that weigh her day down at all Smiley smile

a lot of her décor was silver/crystal/white. and with the snow outside it just made it sparkle so nicely!

• Michelle
    Curious January 2020 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love winter weddings too!

We want to book at Whistle Bear Golf Club.

Currently we're working on our budget and our guest list.

Proposal isn't really a story lol but it was fun.

It happened yesterday we were literally walking up the stairs to leave and he asked me if I got everything I wanted. I said yes. He said he had one more gift for me, pulled the little black box out of his pocket and opened it and showed it to me. I said well are you gonna ask me and so he got down on one knee, while we're still standing on the stairs and asked me if I would do him the honour of marrying him. Of course I said YES!!!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi there Michelle! Welcome to WeddingWire! We're thrilled to have you here planning with us Smiley smile What vendors have you already booked and what are you working on next? What was your proposal like?

I love winter weddings! I actually just started a discussion last week about Winter Wonderland Weddings!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics