Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sofia
Newbie November 2019 Alberta

Couples getting married on 22/november/2019 in Alberta

Sofia, on September 1, 2019 at 22:23 Posted in Alberta 0 2
Hi, we are getting married on Friday November 22. We choose this date because is the only day our reception venue was available at the same time that my parents are traveling from Mexico. We want to maximize the number of guests that can make it for the wedding. We are not sure if a 6pm ceremony would be too early for those who work 9-5. Any timeline suggestions or thoughts?
Thank you!
S&D

2 Comments

Latest activity by Cliodhna, on September 27, 2019 at 05:02
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Sofia!

You're very sweet to worry about your guests and try to accommodate them. I would agree with the PP. Those who want to be there will make the effort to come, even if they work 9 - 5.

What venue did you book?

• Centaine
    Newbie November 2019 Alberta
    Centaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's very nice that you're looking to accommodate your guests' schedules, although from a guest's perspective I'd see a 6pm ceremony and worry about a long day at work (assuming your guests don't take the day off) followed by the late night ahead (although I have the soul of someone thrice my age, so grain of salt!) Plus it'd be dark by then most likely so that's something to consider with your timeline.

Honestly, the people who really want to be there will make the time and take whatever measures to show up. The folks who can't come to ours are unable due to pretty much any other reason *besides* the fact it's on a Friday! Our photographer once shot a wedding held on a Wednesday afternoon, even.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics