Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 22/june/2019 in Ontario

Lindsay, on February 7, 2018 at 10:24 Posted in Ontario 0 13

Hey Everyone,

My name is Lindsay and I just got engaged at Christmas time to my now fiance Richard. We have a one year old son and have been together for 5 years.

How is everyone planning going? What stage are you at right now?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Allyson, on February 7, 2019 at 20:53
  • A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged at Christmas and have set June 22, 2019 as our date. So far I have a dress, we have the photographer, venue and caterers set.

Still sooo much to do!
  • A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My first wedding we had the reception in my parents backyard (1acre in the country) luckily we had prepped for rain because after photos it began to pour and it was relentless. The water still came inside the tent where the bottom of the sides meets the grass and made a huge mess as the evening went on. Thank goodness for the rented dance floor. The porta potties were outside though so guests weren't thrilled about that. They were also just the basic construction site ones, they didn't have those larger fancy ones around back then.
  • Rachel
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey ladies! Big day is June 22 for us too.. we've booked our venue with catering in house and saw quite a few cute places downtown Toronto. We're working on the men's attire right now - Moore's has a really great deal for 6+ wedding parties if anyone is interested!

• J
    Newbie June 2020 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have no clue where to do our ceremony. Want it outdoors. We had a place then the ppl told us 2 days ago we can no longer use there property after we put deposits on things. So now stuck. Any suggestions of places thatallows ceremonies only. Outdoors perfered that have tents incase of rain
  • Amber
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’m getting married on June 22 too. Most things have just been booked except the caterer. I am going dress shopping next month. We are doing a back yard ceremony with a tent.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am struggling finding a venue too. I really want a barn.. but they are so outrageously prices.

If we end up doing a backyard wedding, we are having a tent with sides, toilets, we are also going to have a dance floor too.

I never even thought about the tent flooding.. never heard of it happening.

• Krissy
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Krissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having the hardest time finding a venue I like! For those of you doing backyard weddings are you doing all the plan B stuff? Tents with sides? Toilets? What happens if the tent floods? SO MANY QUESTIONS. I was going to do it in my moms backyard, still might. But definitely prefer the safety of indoors if needed. Turns out I'm really picky though! I can't wait until the venue part is over...

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hardest part by far. We really struggled with agreeing on who should and should not be invited. If it was totally up to my fiance everyone in the world would be invited lol!

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome congrautlations

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Sarah,

Awesome.

We are just getting married in a back yard. I have booked catering company and photography. I have also got my dress too and we have picked our wedding party. I am pretty sure we have finalized on a guest list. It is bigger than I was wanting but obviously not everyone will come.
    Next on our list is DJ. Smiley smile
    It is definitely fun but very stressful.

• Sarah
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    Planning is going good. Soooo much money! Lol.
    We've booked venue, photo/video so far only. Oh and I've bought my dress.
    I have other little things that I've picked up along the way so I'm hoping that things won't be too crazy towards the end.
    I have a meeting with florist at end of February. Then next on the list is to decide on DJ.
    I'm having fun planning! What about you?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding took place last year in August and we still have our honeymoon to plan thia summer.
  • Andrea
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are at the stage where we are trying to settle how the guests are going to get to the ceremony. We are getting married in my fiance's parents backyard

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics