Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Frequent user May 2017 Ontario

Couples getting married on 20/May/2017 in Ontario

Stephanie, on October 11, 2016 at 21:24 Posted in Ontario 0 14
Hi future Brides! My name is Stephanie and we're getting married May 20th, 2017 in Thunder Bay. So excited and can't wait! ?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on October 22, 2016 at 20:31
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Emilie! Hope you're having a great weekend! Lol I haven't been up to too much wedding wise this week. Mostly just working on dance class prep (I'm a dance teacher).
    I'm really excited for live music for the ceremony. I have no clue what song I'm going to use for my entrance. Can't decide on traditional or something more modern.
    I love cultural mixes in weddings too, it does make for a great party. We'll have traditions from both families. Can't wait to celebrate with everyone.
    Our decorator is fantastic, everything will be decorated for us. She will also set up our centre pieces and everything that we are making ourselves.
    Next step in planning for me is contacting my cake decorator and finalizing plans with her and getting started on my centre pieces.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Woww!! Smiley love This will be amazing for sure Stephanie!! Smiley heart It's so amazing that you're church has that list of liuve music for you! Do you know what kind of song you would like to play during your entrance?

I love the great cultural mixes in a wedding, it makes for such fun parties!! Do you have traditions you will include from both of your families in your wedding?

I'm so happy you can have you're reception in a big ballroom!! It will look so beautiful and elegant! Will it already be decorated for you?

What's the next step in your planning? What have you been up to this week? Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll bet your wedding is going to be beautiful being a wedding coordinator. I have a couple vendors that are friends so I've been a little lax on meeting with them as well.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Emilie, Thanks I wanted to get as much done as possible before December as I have a very busy January through to the wedding. For our ceremony music the church gives us a list of live musicians to choose from. My fiancé and I know a couple of them and their voices are fantastic so it'll be nice to choose our entrance and exit songs to be sung live. We're also having a live band for the reception. My family is Ukrainian and his Italian so there will be lots of dancing and polkas.
    For food I like chicken and fish so trying to decide which ones as there are many options, lol my fiancé is leaning towards a prime rib option. We get to choose 2 entrees for sure, maybe three depending on price. It'll be a full sit down dinner.
    I can't wait to take pictures in a couple of the beautiful spots in Thunder Bay. I'm hoping to get some pictures by a lake. We choose a hotel for a reception which includes catering. We're renting out their big ballroom. It helps that my fiancé is a manger at the hotel. ;-)

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amy Smiley heart Welcome to the community!

I'm glad you two can meet to exchnage ideas!! Smiley smile

Where are you at in your planning?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie Smiley heart

I'm so glad to see you have most things booked already!! What music will you choose for your ceremony?

Will it be a live band or recorded music?

I'm so excited about the food you'll choose for your menu!! Smiley tongue Do you have an idea of what type of food you'll like? Will it be a full dinner or cocktail reception?

I can imagine the beautiful scenery!! Having your wedding outside would be fanstastic! I'm sure the pictures will look great in any situation!! Did you choose a banquet hall for your reception? Is the catering included with your venue?

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's why we picked the 20th as well. Nice long weekend to spend with out of town family.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's exciting! What's next on your list? My next task is the menu taste testing.
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of our vendors are booked. We just need to finalize all details

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Emilie! Thanks, I love this forum, it's great to meet other brides. Right now I have all of my vendors booked and we are just looking at ceremony music, as well as trying to pick a menu for our catering tasting in a couple of weeks.I'm super excited about my bridesmaid dresses. The order just went out so I can't wait to see them. We'll be having the groomsmen in grey tuxes as well. Can't wait to see the complete look. We're having a church ceremony and indoor reception. Hoping it's a beautiful day to get some great outdoor pictures though. Thunder Bay has some stunning scenery for pictures.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Nelly! Great to meet you! September is an awesome month, my brother-in-law to be just got married this September and the wedding was beautiful! How far are you in your planning?
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie Smiley heart

I'm so glad you started this discussion!! It's so much fun to meet other brides and grooms and talk about what your plans are for your wedding!! Smiley smile

I'm so glad to see that you're as excited as I am for your wedding preparations!! What step are you at in your to-do list?

I really like the navy blue colour you mentionned you were going for, for your bridesmaids dresses. Smiley smile I think it will be beautiful for your summer wedding!

Will your ceremony and reception be indoors or outdoors?

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie we're getting married September 23 2017 in Toronto. Planning our wedding has been so much fun and so exciting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics