Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carmen
Beginner August 2021 Saskatchewan

Couples getting married on 20/june/2020 in Saskatchewan

Carmen, on June 23, 2019 at 13:49 Posted in Saskatchewan 0 6
Hi All,

Getting married June 20,2020 in North Battleford. Struggling to find some vendors.

Just wondering how the wedding planning is coming for everyone else? Does anyone else feel like they are planning to early?? Less then a year to go!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Carmen, on July 9, 2019 at 19:59
  • Carmen
    Carmen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi T’Neale,

Congrats on the engagement.
    I am using Gail Feser - I am fortunate, she is a very good friend of mine.
    Here is the sask marriage commissioner page
    https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/marriages/find-a-marriage-commissioner

I have also included some screenshots of the marriage commissioners for Battleford and North Battleford.

I can ask Gail for some feedback if you would like.

Couples getting married on 20/june/2020 in Saskatchewan 1

Couples getting married on 20/june/2020 in Saskatchewan 2
  • T’Neale
    Newbie June 2020 Saskatchewan
    T’Neale ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh jeez, I’m in the same boat as you are. Maybe new friends? Lol
  • T’Neale
    T’Neale ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Carmen, I’m from battleford as well. Who are you using for an officiant?
  • Carmen
    Carmen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Jayda,

Thank you for the response.

I have been fortunate with vendors as well. My Venue- ceremony & reception - caters, bartends, does the majority of the decoration for you - linens, chair covers, sets up your centrepieces, etc. That part has been nice.

Officiant is a very good friend.

I have a DJ booked. Wedding dress bought for an amazing deal in PA of all places. $499.99 😍🤑

Secured my group rate at the hotel, as the majority of my guests will be from out of town. Penthouse as well!

I have my florist picked - just need to meet with them. Same with the baker.

Struggling to pick a photographer. Setting up a few meetings over the next couple of weeks.

Hair & Make up struggling to find as this is a smaller community.

Starting to look for centrepiece items. Amazon prime days are on 15th & 16th have a few things on my wish list to look at on those days. Plan on heading to Michaels in the next few weeks, checking out the buy & sells on Facebook. Looking to possibly go to the bridal show in sept in Stoon.

I am very glad I started early as knew our date would be a very popular one. 🤩😁
  • Jayda
    Jayda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Carmen! I’m getting married on the same date near Saskatoon, and I feel like I’ve been planning very early on but happy that I am. Especially with decor, if you check in regularly with stores that may be more expensive, I’m particularly thinking of Michaels, you’re going to find stuff on sale. Even with dollar stores or thrift stores, you’re going to find things you love for great prices if you just keep an eye out. Plus that way I’ve been able to get stuff gradually rather than spending all at once.😊 in terms of vendors, I honestly haven’t had to do much searching because my venue came with bar tending, catering, etc.!
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement Carmen!! It's great to have you be a part of the WeddingWire community!

What vendors are you struggling to find? have you had a chance to check out the WeddingWire vendor search? You input your location and what type of vendor you would like to search for and you will get a list of vendors in your area! It's a great way to start your search, and you can read their customer reviews which can be really helpful.

How did you and your SO decide on your wedding date?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics