Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alicia
Curious September 2019 Alberta

Couples getting married on 19/september/2020 in Alberta

Alicia, on October 8, 2018 at 18:23 Posted in Alberta 0 3
Hey everyone!

September 19, 2020 is our big day! What should we be thinking about in terms of planning??

3 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsie, on October 10, 2018 at 21:22
  • Kelsie
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow thats amazing! People have been telling me that I was ahead of the planning already but you have me beat lol.

A barn wedding sounds fabulous! Its exciting to hear about other people visions and plans. Hope that everything goes well for you!

Smiley smile
  • Alicia
    Curious September 2019 Alberta
    Alicia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s awesome!!

also it’s good to know about the bridal shows. I didn’t know that! I’m pretty close to Calgary so that’s great.

we have booked Willow Lane Barn just outside of Olds for our wedding. Super excited! We’ve also booked our photographer and DJ.

I guess i’m a tad bit eager haha!

let me know how the rest of your planning goes Smiley smile
  • Kelsie
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Alicia,

Well I was told that the most important thing to book right away is the ceremony venue. So my fiance and I have recently booked at St. Josephs Basilica in Edmonton for September 19, 2020. Since we are getting married in a Catholic church we have already spoken with our Priest and arranged marriage courses as well. Also, so far I have toured two facilitates for the reception. However, unfortunately, most places in Edmonton do not want to book that far in advance yet and have told me to inquire back in the beginning of 2019. We have already thrown a small engagement party with immediate family members but we are planning a larger one that will include extended family and friends next summer. Otherwise, I am working on my guest list to get a better idea of numbers and figuring out decor etc. This is my first marriage/wedding and none of my close friends have been married yet so I am mostly going off the advice of people I know at work and my parents and their friends. Also, if you are living in the Edmonton or Calgary areas there are some bridal shows offered through bridalfantasy.com coming up in the next several months into the new year. I plan on attending the ones in Edmonton this weekend and in January.

How about your planning so far? What have you done?

Kelsie Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics