Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachael
Super October 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 18/october/2019 in Ontario

Rachael, on May 22, 2018 at 16:27 Posted in Ontario 0 14

Hi! I noticed we are all getting married on October 18, 2019 so I wanted to introduce myself; I'm Rachael. My fiancé, Jeremy and I got engaged in February, and recently booked our venue over the weekend.

How are you doing in terms of planning? Is there any reason you chose October 18 specifically?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on February 12, 2019 at 16:34
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought I'd bump this discussion to see if we have any new brides getting married on October 18!

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations, Victoria! Smiley smile

My fiancé and I originally picked Saturday, October 19, 2019; however, one of the event coordinators at our venue suggested we pick Friday, October 18, 2019 as we asked about the possibility of booking a room for backup in the event that our ceremony is rained out. She told us that it's more likely a room will be available on a Friday in case of an emergency as such.

Ultimately the people that matter most to you will take the day off for your wedding so while it may not be ideal, perhaps it'll be a good thing if it helps cut down your guest list!

• Victoria
    Newbie October 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just decided on the date. We looked at the calender, and that date just 'called out' to us. We are just weary about having it on Friday. Wondering if its asking too much for our guest to book the time off. Thoughts on why you all decided on a Friday wedding?
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Jean! I think it'll be beautiful, especially decorated the way our florist intends to. Smiley smile

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's understandable, Jean! September tends to be warmer than my fiancé and I like, so we figured October would be a better bet for us as it's also our favourite month; however, over the years it's been mild and wet so we've arranged to have a room at our venue for backup in the event that it's like that.

Also, that's great to hear how much progress you've made! Are you having a big wedding?

• Jean
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What's the general area this is located in? It looks like it's located near some sort of locks along major river. Interesting spot.

• Jean
    Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is exactly something which is different and better than an internal ceremony. Love it!!

Jean Guy

• Jean
    Jean ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nimmi and I actually considered Oct 2019 as well.

As we were interested in the idea of having the ceremony outdoor (naturally with a plan b for indoors), we wanted to ensure odds of favorable weather would be ensured since occasionally October can sometimes cool off quite unexpectedly.

It's why when we found our venue, we opted to choose a date in Sept instead.

We started off at just wanting to go with something simple however, things have grown in both number of guest as well of simplicity to something more formal. Most of the major stuff ended up being cared for so now, our planning focus is now on, photographer and adding other personal touches to the event and of course, Nimmi's Wedding dress and accessories for that special day is still yet to be determined. Luckily, there is lots of time to get ideas beforehand.

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, Kellie! Smiley smile

• Kellie
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Kellie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your ceremony space is absolutely gorgeous, Rachael!

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Your ceremony space is pretty, Kellie! It has a great view too. Smiley smile

Here is ours (weather permitting):
    Couples getting married on 18/october/2019 in Ontario 1

The picture doesn't do it justice as we plan to have it setup differently, and there are two paths to it: one is winding and continues directly to the chapel-like gazebo, and there's an off-path that leads to a beautiful stone arch before the path to the chapel-like gazebo; I would get married in front of the latter if it were an option!

• Kellie
    Kellie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice to meet you too, Rachael!

I agree that the weather will be nicer temperature mid-fall. Our ceremony space will be indoors, however, it has lots of windows overlooking the outdoors.

Ceremony Space

Couples getting married on 18/october/2019 in Ontario 2

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice to meet you, Kellie! Smiley smile

Congratulations on booking your venue! My fiancé and I were considering October 5 too, but I figured the weather may be nicer temperature-wise on October 18 for an outdoor ceremony. Are you going to have an indoor or outdoor ceremony?

• Kellie
    Kellie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Rachael, my name is Kellie. My Fiance, Joel and I got in engaged in August in 2017. We booked our venue this past January. Originally we planned to get married on October 5th, 2019, but the date was already booked all up. I hope your planning goes well!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics