Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Trisha
Curious October 2018 Ontario

Couples getting married on 18/july/2020 in Ontario

Trisha, on March 21, 2018 at 19:28 Posted in Ontario 0 32

Hey all!!

So it just got real - my fiancee proposed last month and we have chosen our wedding date. July 18, 2020 - (Who else is getting married in 2020?! Smiley smile)

We love our furbabies, we love traveling and meeting people. we are laid back (...sometimes for me since I've got a planner personality haha) and like to have a good time. I have been dreaming of having my wedding since I was a little girl. We decided to have our wedding in Penetanguishene, Ontario because my sister (passed away June 2017) is buried there and I'd love to be close to her as much possible.

Since I am such a planner, and I practically like have the wedding planned in my head...the thing is... Is it too early to start planning? How soon should we start sending out Save the Date, invitations etc - Your opinion would be appreciated.

I'm excccciiittteeedd! Can't you tell?! Smiley tongue

32 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on November 25, 2019 at 17:01
  • Emma
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing! Happy wedding planning 🥰
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh! I see!

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No as we handed ours out in person to save on stamps.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I sent my Save the Dates in July as well! Made the mistake of sending them too close to the date I think... lots of my guests thought they had missed the wedding (although my save the date said July 18, 2020).

Did you have that problem with your Save the Dates? I was really surprised my guests were so confused.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We're getting married at a church and then a reception at a golf club in Kleinburg!

• Kimberly
    Frequent user July 2020 Ontario
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also getting married July 18 2020. I sent my save the dates out in July of 2019 as people plan summer trips far in advance. I also have everything booked as things book up very quickly for summer weddings. I have my dress my brides maids ordered there’s going in January for suits.
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! We're getting married at whistle bear in Cambridge! How about you?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats Emma! Have you selected a venue ?
  • Emma
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also getting married on July 18th,2020!! I can't wait!!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya I just want the day to come as well!
  • T
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! As much as it’s a relief I also feel like there’s so much of a gap...like I’m rethinking things I’ve chosen, or feel like I’m missing something 😂😂 I’m just impatient! 😂😂
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We just got our favours ordered this weekend! FH needs to rent a suit still and we’ll buy rings next year but we’re done as well basically!!
  • T
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m basically done. 😂😂 once we found the venue they had preferred vendors so I just reached out and booked with them directly.

Only thing left is flowers !! How about you?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Woohoo! How’s the planning so far?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely photography and DJ!
  • T
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha well my name is also Trish and I am getting married July 18, 2020!
    Cheers!
  • Jess
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    July 18 th is also my date ! I havent done much of the planning yet though what would everyone say the priority items are? I have the venue and dress locked down...
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When the golfers tend to see a function going on they seem to drift away which is beneficial for you! - I had that worry too when I was booking but we have a late ceremony so no one will be allowed on the patio as it will be setup for the ceremony!

I am super excited for it, not too nervous but that will probably change once the pictures start lol, We also have a video package so we get to shoot an engagement video, I think I am more nervous for that lol. We are doing some of the shooting at Fairy Lake in Newmarket where my FH proposed to me & Then we are heading to Scarborough Bluffs to finish all the rest!

Any pointers or tips for the pictures? Also did you get your make up or hair done? Did you do just one outfit or multiple ?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is good! I am only worried about the amount of golfers that will be on the lower patio.. but the coordinator assures me it is fine - so fingers crossed.

Oh my gosh! I did my engagement shoot last month and had a blast. I was super nervous to start but it ended up working out. Where are you having your photos taken?!

Copper Creek is great. We fell in love with the course and knew we wanted to have our reception there!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Did you really!? That's amazing! It's a beautiful Venue, and so awesome that you have access to the patio too!

I have not created or ordered my save the dates yet as our engagement shoot is on Sunday! Praying the rain holds off of course! - The photographer said he would have a digital copy for us by the end of the following week so we could decide which ones to use on our save the dates!

We went to see copper creek as well! Its absolutely beautiful!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

SOOO funnnny!!!

I just booked my bridal shower at the Clubhouse on Monday!! That is actually so funny!

I bought my dress back in February! I am anxiously waiting for it to come in - another 2-4 months.

We are getting married at Copper Creek Golf Club in Kleinburg!

I just got my save the date magnets in! Have you ordered your save the dates yet?!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank goodness, I am glad to hear that there are others sending it out a year in advance too!
    We choose The Vue, Clubhouse & Eventspace in Etobicoke! & Yes I have my dress already! :o)

Where are you getting married? & Did you pick out your dress yet?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m sending my save the dates a year in advance also!!

Which venue did you choose in Etobicoke?! Do you have your dress yet?!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We also choose and booked July 18th 2020 - We will be getting married in Etobicoke, ON.

I love the idea that you wanted to be closer with your sister. It's a beautiful idea!

I have started planning like crazy already. A year flies by! I will be sending out my save the dates about a year in advance so anyone who has to travel out of town can make arrangements well in advance.

I would be sending my Invitations about 3-4 months before the wedding date.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I purchased my dress back in February! It takes 6-8 months to come in so I’m glad I ordered when I did!
  • Clara
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Clara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How far ahead are you all buying your dresses and such? I've started soft dress shopping but don't want to be too early or leave it too late I guess. We've seriously started planning this week and it's so exciting!

• Clara
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Clara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ahh! We got engaged March 20th 2019 and we have picked our date for July 18 2020. We are hoping to finalize our reception venue within the next couple of weeks! Just need to finalize the guest list. I started looking into things within days as I got so excited, and our wedding has taken so many different forms already as our planning gets more serious. It's daunting but fun!!

• Stephanie
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are July 18 2020.

We put our deposit down this week and I am frantically starting the planning process.

I am currently on mat leave and I would like to get as much done as possible before I go back to work.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My date is July 18 2020 and I am hopefully putting a deposit down on a beautiful venue this Saturday Smiley smile!!

I am an organizational nut (bad habit from working in law ha ha!) so I too am already planning ahead!
  • Natalee
    Natalee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No not to early Trish. Most venues and photogal19 etc are booking into 2020. This way you can put money down as you get it and not have to pay it at the end all at once Smiley kiss
  • Trisha
    Trisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha yeah. I cannot refrain myself and not do anything! I like the looks I get from people when they ask me when the date is...I'm like, I know!! Earlier I plan, the better! haha. We are paying for the wedding ourselves so we really gotta save up ahead.

• Jessica
    Curious July 2020 New Brunswick
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date is.11 july 2020 ..and we already start to save date for some place and start shopping for everything cause we are so excited too

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics