Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Newbie August 2018 Nova Scotia

Couples getting married on 18/august/2018 in Nova Scotia

Julie, on February 20, 2018 at 10:43 Posted in Nova Scotia 0 6

Hi my name is Julie, I am getting married to my absolute best friend Tony on August 18th, 2018 and I wanted to give a shout out to all other couples who are doing the same. Congrats to you all on your upcoming special day....enjoy every moment...I know that I will...just a little nervous about the weather, as I am having an outdoors wedding....but it will be a beautiful day no matter the weather indeed...Again, Congrats Beautiful Couples!! Smiley ring Smiley smile

6 Comments

Latest activity by Julie, on March 10, 2018 at 11:39
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Breanne.....again, I love your venue. It truly is a wonderful space to have your wedding for, both, your ceremony, and your reception. I can see why you did not really have to think about it much before booking. I always wondered the cost of booking a venue like this?? Is it expensive? It was actually quite expensive to book tents and a dance floor ...tables and chairs for mine....around 6000 and this was with a discount....so was wondering if it would have been cheaper to book otherwise!? And I agree with what you said about my Dad...I do believe that he guided me home to marry my soon to be "husband".....Smiley smile

Looks like you are having a larger wedding too, with 120 people. I wish that mine was closer to that number to be honest....for the space I have available it would be better with fewer. Just in my family (meaning sisters and brothers), there are eight of us and I am the baby of the family...number "8"....hahah...so you can imagine how my numbers are getting up there so quickly...I could probably have 300 hundred easily ....especially, with my friends......haha...Anyways, I am unable to collect any more branches at this time, at least until the weather improves. We had a few big snow storms...as you probably already know. I believe that your area might have had some as well? But yes I will post some pictures when I can for sure...Hope you are having a great weekend.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're so sweet, thank you! We definitely fell in love with our space, it was the only one we went to and pretty much booked on the spot.

160-180 guests - that's amazing, it will be a big fun party for sure and with that many people you two are guaranteed to fill the day with happy memories! Although it doesn't always come with happy experience I'm a firm believe in everything happens for a reason - kind of like your dad was leading you back to your future husband. You two deserve all the happiness in the world now!

We're a bit smaller at 120ish people but with two small families it will be made up of 30 family members and 90 friends, so it will definitely be fun-filled.

I don't think we will be doing too much outside (maybe some fun yard games like bocce ball and giant jenga). Our venue is actually a pretty large building with different sections. The photo below is the ceremony area which turns into a seating space later but there's a bar/dancefloor section as well. Here is a picture of the building and bar area:

Couples getting married on 18/august/2018 in Nova Scotia 1

Couples getting married on 18/august/2018 in Nova Scotia 2

Are you collecting the branches on your property or is there another area where you get them? Ugh, ticks are the worst! They're starting to become more prevalent here especially on the trails and bush. You definitely have to be careful when you're collecting for your centrepieces! Smart to get them now before they really start to come out. I'd love to see your wreaths once you really get going on them!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Breanne....First, let me congratulate, both, you and your fiancee on your upcoming wedding.....and let me say.....OH MY....I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedding venue....if I could put one of those in my backyard, I totally would.

I, too, hope that all of us August 18th brides....really all of the 2018 brides have some beautiful sunshine on our individual wedding days....especially when that element is such a huge part of our day.....staying positive is always the best way to go.

Yes, I will be having a large number of friends and family coming...approximately 160 to 180...with a few "wedding crashers" for sure. How about you? Are you continuing your reception outside as well?

As for me, I am stressing a bit about my DIY wreaths, since I still have so many branches to collect before we get into the full swing of spring here because, of course, of the "TICS." We always have tons of those. August is one of the best months to have an outdoors wedding since the tics are least likely to be latching on to anyone...HAHA. I do not want to have to think about Lyme's disease ..... Smiley smile LOL...

Still, this is not the reason why we chose August 18th, 2018....to be Wed. This will be the exact day, of an 8th year anniversary of my father's passing. This is what lead me to move back home to NS, and ultimately reconnect with my fiancee, who I have known since high school. Sadly, he too had just lost his father, within the same week of my aunt's passing, which was 6 months after my father's.

I know...a lot of sadness Right!!!??.....well, August 18th will become a time to celebrate and not feel all of that sadness anymore... Smiley smile

We are so lucky to have found one another again. (Friends in High School) I was two years younger then, so he did not dare date me, but "Now" it's OK.. LOL

Wishing you good luck with everything.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Julie,

Congratulations - I am also a 08/18/18 bride! I'm sure that we are going to have a beautiful day all across Canada (my FH and I are in Ottawa). We are getting married in a greenhouse-like event centre so although we're inside the whole building is a window so we're hoping for great weather nonetheless. Here's our venue:

Couples getting married on 18/august/2018 in Nova Scotia 3

I love the idea of your backyard wedding, I bet it's going to be just perfect Smiley smile How many people are you having? I'm assuming a fair amount if you have 23 tables!

Hope the centrepiece creations are still going well!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Joey,

What am I not working on is the question....LOL...actually working on making a lot of DYI projects right now. I am making some twig ..branch like wreaths for centerpieces ...cutting everything I need to complete my wreaths from here on my property...I need to make 23 for all my tables...so lots and lots of twigs and branches to be collected...but I have finished 3 already...just 20 more to go...LOL...then will be working on ideas for decorating my big 30 ft x 80 ft wedding tent....lots to do to make a venue beautiful in your backyard. Smiley smile

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What a sweet message, Julie! Congratulations on your engagement! There isn't long to go now, the rest of this time will fly by. What planning task are you working on next?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics