Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marie
Frequent user August 2022 Alberta

Couples getting married on 18/August/2018 in Alberta

Marie, on February 11, 2017 at 13:21 Posted in Alberta 0 7

Hello

I am looking forward to hear your story and get to know you and your plans for your big day!

We are planning to get married August 2018 eloping and going to Europe for our honeymoon...

Simple and stressfree as much as possible what about you?

Add me as a friend I love helping finding /sharing ideas

7 Comments

Latest activity by Rosalyn, on January 17, 2018 at 19:16
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Cheriot!
    take it one step at a time. Figure out how many people you want and your budget - then look at venues based on your totals! Brides now a days are super savvy and DIY is totally doable now!
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!

We we are having an intimate wedding (46-48) people. Getting married in Canmore Alberta. I wanted to elope and run off to a destination but the fiancé wanted the wedding, so here we are! Getting married August, 18, 2018! Woot!
  • C
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on getting Married August 18, 2018. We are hoping to have the ceremony in my Father's back yard. We would like to have the ceremony & reception at the same time so there is no down time in between. It will be a evening ceremony.

If we cannot have the Ceremony outside we are currently looking for a small venue that will hold 50 people. We are having trouble with venues because it seems everyone is booking the 18th.

Any suggestions?

Christy

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Emilie,

We are getting fed up with our families expectations, so far it will be just the two of us if we do find someone to take care of our kids.

My mother said I was selfish of wanting to get married in Europe that they can't afford it.

His parents and siblings can afford it but the expectations are so big we will be in debt for years if we fall into it.

So we decided it's just the two of us, we will tell them when and they show up if they want to we won't be paying for anyone we have children and a house to pay for.

We tried to please but it got very frustrating. His family lives accross the globe so we can't manage to have everyone at one place except Christmas time and it's our busy season so we can't take it off.

So eloping is our best option... thinking going to just sign papers yay we are married! (Done it before) then go to Europe.

Stress free as much as possible

We already tell everyone we are married anyaways

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Cheriot! Welcome to the community! I know it can be stressful, but we're all here to help, don't worry Smiley smile What step are you at in your planning? You can take a look at these discussions to start planning step by step:

Checklist: Things to Do 12 months before the wedding

You're engaged! Now what?

Did you book anything so far? You have plenty of time ahead! You can create a discussion anytime if you want help or opinion on something Smiley smile Let us know how we can help!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Marieve! I'm so happy you started this discussion! I didn't remember that you were eloping! Smiley love Where will you go to? Europe just like your honeymoon? How many people will be there?

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Cheriot,

We haven't set the date in stone yet, I just started school and I'll graduate in August 2018.

I already have almost everything he just need a suit and to show up in case we decided to elope.

He is an executive Chef for big hotel he meets tons of bridezilla his advice is to keep it simple and researching venues and food and hiring a planner to make it easier.

We decided dinner for two and get witness . Family can meet us in Europe if they want to share our special day.

We already got married before and we don't want to repeat the same mistakes.

• C
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Cheriot ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi,That sounds amazing!! So romantic......... Honestly that's as far as I have got is the date lol it is very stressful and feeling overwhelmed already lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics