Congratulations to all of you!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Syerra, on August 4, 2020 at 08:39
  • Syerra
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Syerra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We made the decision to keep our wedding date and just do it smaller this year but in doing so I’m currently replanting our wedding for the 4 time with almost all new vendors in about 75 days. Talk about stress.

I know it will all be worth it in the end but this is way more stressful then I planned!
    Any other brides out there feel the same??
  • Kimi
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Kimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Finally made the decision to postpone to October 2nd, 2021. There were many factors involved, including wanting my Grandma to attend, not wanting to exclude family from out of town, and wanting to be able to eat and dance indoors with everyone. I now feel a deep sense of relief, because there is now much more time to figure things out, whereas before I was feeling a lot of anxiety about the coming months.

• A
    Avery ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in the same boat. Our wedding is in October of this year and we are concerned about how Covid-19 will affect it. Our venue is not giving us a lot of information or many options. We can't postpone it at this time. As much as I want to sit tight and wait to see what happens, we still have some planning that we need to do and need to make some financial commitments to vendors. I am trying to figure out how to plan for the wedding that I wanted versus planning for the wedding that will happen and how to adjust the budget for all of it. If anyone has suggestions or information let me know! Good luck.

• Siobhan
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally get that! We want to have the wedding we planned for - including all of our out of town guests.
  • C
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm totally having concerns. My wedding is on Oct 24 2020 and I'm debating on whether I should postpone. Our best man is coming from the US.

Even if weddings are able to go ahead. Who's to say all or most of my guests will want to come? There will be a huge elephant in the room if I go through with it. So I have a lot of thinking to do.
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are in the same boat with so many out of province and even country guests. We were thinking mid june. Fingers crossed!
  • Kimi
    Kimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Personally, I’m waiting until at least July (three months before) to make a decision. Ontario might be okay, but I have a lot of important family and friends coming from Quebec and the US, and I would hate for them to miss it.
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just wondering if anyone is having concerns about their date with Covid-19? Do you think your date is far enough out?
  • A
    Alanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    I'm Alanna I'm from Ottawa! Anyone else from the Ottawa area?
    Thanks!
  • Kimi
    Kimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Managed to get a lot confirmed before the New Year, including venue, catering, officiant, photography, dress, music, cake/desserts, and hotel!

The big things we still need to get done are: finalizing the guest list (challenging to keep it under 100 or so), invitations, flowers/decor, transportation, drinks, shopping for outfits/accessories for bridal party/groom/parents, hair/make-up, and planning dinner for the day before/brunch for the day after.
  • Karolynn
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Karolynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I believe we have to send out the save the dates (which we already have) in june or earlier not sure yet and then the invitations will be sent out August
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats awesome! You seem like you've got a lot done already Smiley smile

Makes me feel behind ha ha!

When are you planning on sending out invitations?

• Karolynn
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Karolynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Booked our photographer and officiant just before the new year. The next couple weeks we have a meeting with the venue and our coordinator to go ove the food, cake etc.
    Then we will be booking groomsmen attire, i have booked mybridesmaids and my wedding dress appointment for March 14th. So we have the ball rolling but still so much to do.
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How is everyone's planning going?
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

yasss!
    So exciting!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

365 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!

• Siobhan
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey I live in Mississauga and am getting married close by in Milton Smiley smile

• Kimi
    Kimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So excited!! Curious where others are from? I live and work in Barrie, but getting married near Hamilton where my family is from.

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Karolynn,

Welcome to WeddingWire, it's awesome to have you in our community!

I'm so happy that you're looking for your date twins! While you're waiting for them to join in, come introduce yourself in these discussions:

Brides of 2020! Show us your ring!!

Who is getting married in 2020?

How's your wedding planning coming along? What's next on your to-do list?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics