Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dionne
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 17/august/2019 in Ontario

Dionne, on January 12, 2018 at 13:42 Posted in Ontario 0 5

Hi All!

Starting to actually get excited about planning our Wedding to take place at Cardinal Golf Club in Newmarket/King Township. Any $$$ saving tips would be greatly appreciated. We would like an elegant affair, but on a tight budget.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Princess, on May 30, 2019 at 02:59
  • Princess
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Princess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Dionne Jamilah florals is very affordable and rent for decors and florals
  • Princess
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Princess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone I need help for my wedding favours I was thinking about wine but is there any other ideas for the wine where I can get it as my favours?🥺🥺🥺
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Everyone! Our wedding is quickly approaching and I thought I'd pass on some money saving tips. I bought lanterns at Ikea when they were 20 % off. I paid $5.25 each and bought 15 of them. I managed to get flameless candles (3 sets of 5 colour changing) for 80% off at Michaels. Finally I bought 3 sets of 6 square 12x12 glass tiles at Lowes for $9.99 per set of 6. Buying the glass tiles were much less expensive than buying mirrored chargers. I bought stick on jewels and decorated the corners of the glass tiles to give them a beveled edge finish without looking tacky. My centerpieces will in under $25. per table even if I add real rose petals scattered on the tables.

Good Luck!

• A
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you are willing to DIY, try checking out Costco (online) for flowers. I found they have bridal bouquet packages that are WAY more affordable than any florist. The one I am going with has enough bouquets for myself and all the maids, as well as boutonnieres for the groomsmen, groom, fathers and corsages for the moms and grandmothers and it's only $339! They also have a lot of other bulk flowers and small bulk centerpiece options!

Also; check out Canva.com to design your own invitations, and then you can just upload the design to vistaprint and order them while they have a sale to get your invites super cheap!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Dionne! I have seen some amazing decor that looks elegant but is done on a budget. Shopping second hand stores or websites where couples sell their used wedding items can be sources for great deals. Wedding shops like David's Bridal offer amazing sales on dresses. And the best way to make your budget go far is to keep the guest list small. How large is your guest list?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics