Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner August 2021 Ontario

Couples getting married on 15/february/2020 in Ontario

Monica, on January 20, 2019 at 17:16 Posted in Ontario 0 11

390 days feels like its so far away but its about a month and 1 year away what has everyone already gotten done? I only got engaged on New Years Eve so i'm just starting out. What is everyone doing for their theme? I think we have decided to go with Winter Moonlight.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 17, 2019 at 13:38
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Nice theme to choose that really reflects winter theme of Moonlight. Can't wait to see what you have put together as décor to your vision of the day. Sounds romantic and unique.

• Laura
    Curious February 2020 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same boat! So hard to find an affordable venue where you can bring in your own catering, or at least provide your own alcohol.
  • T
    Newbie February 2020 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Monica!

Im also having my wedding the day after valentines day. I like both color schemes you have posted and i cans see why its a tough decision. We went with Navy, Burgundy and Gold. I completely understand the struggle to find a venue that will be cost effective. We eventually found a venue that was cost effective that included the drinks which is going to help out a lot because of the amount of people we have.

• M
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding expo went okay good deal on photographer but we already have a friend doing it as a gift. We got a coupon for $100 of each of the groomsmens suit rentals which was an awesome deal! Still haven't booked a venue as everything in our town wants you to use their catering and we can't afford it so the hunt is still on we found a decent caterer though it's only going to cost about $3000 for full buffet dinner and desserts which is great for us. We honestly haven't made any progress because we can find a venue. #Stressedout can't wait to get a venue booked so i can't piece everything else together. Hopefully your taking a nice planning break.

• L
    Frequent user February 2020 Ontario
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Awesome, I love that color pallet too! I decided I want to get my own dress before getting the bridesmaids just in case the colors end up clashing for any reason. I've considered the multi-way dresses as well, definitely something we will be looking into! That is such a good price!
    We went to one wedding expo, the only thing I found really helped us was the menswear vendors. They had good deals on that you could sign up for and it would hold that deal for about a year on your file. Other than that we already had the rest basically sorted by then for the major vendors so I wasn't much help to us. Hopefully you have a better experience Smiley smile
    We've just got our save the dates in the mail and are currently collecting everyones information to send them out hopefully this week. I know its early but my fear is family/friends booking trips since it is in the winter AND family day/valentine's day weekend. I want to give people as much notice as possible. Other than that we've booked our catering which has allowed me to relax a bit knowing all the major stuff is taken care of and I can take a little break from planning.

• M
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've decided one the Blush, Rose Gold and Burgundy. We have already picked out bridesmaids dresses which are going to cost a lot less then I thought we found one of those dresses that can be worn different ways for $70 each the girls are pretty happy with it thank god! Besides that haven't really gotten anything big done. We picked out first dance song and our ceremony song as well but I've been putting off other decisions until i go to a wedding expo so I can check out anything i haven't seen yet. Hows planning going for you?

• L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So funny because these were also the colors I was torn between. I feel as though they're both very nice for winter. I think it comes down to what color you want your bridesmaids dresses to be. Which better compliments your complexion, Navy or Burgundy. Or would you have them be in blush and carry some burgundy flowers.

We ended up going with burgundy but because it is such a strong color I don't want too much of it. Basically bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen tie's. May also incorporate one or two burgundy flowers into my bouquet. The rest I want to be blush/white and greenery. I love glitter but also don't want to overdo it.

If winter moonlight is still your theme I'd definitely choose the navy, I find it gives off more of an evening feel and the silver glitter adds to the moonlight effect.

• M
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea over the past couple day I’ve been paying to much attention to everything and now have convinced myself that I like two colour schemes and now I can’t pick 🙁 My boss brought up the idea of doing something rose gold or blush with burgundy because it will be the day after Valentine’s Day. I looked up some idea and now I love it. I can’t decide which I like best. If I were to do ether I wouldn’t be doing as much glitter I’m not a huge glitter person. Help 😁

Couples getting married on 15/february/2020 in Ontario 1

Couples getting married on 15/february/2020 in Ontario 2
  • L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thats a great start!

I totally understand the difficulty with the dinner prices. We were in the same boat, I couldn't fathom spending 10-20 thousand on food alone... We are doing a cocktail style reception, lots of appetizers and a late night snack. It's turned out to be much more affordable.

Maybe you could look into that in your area and see what the prices are like?

Buying and providing your own alcohol at any venue same so much money too so thats great, we're doing open cocktail hour, 1 white and 1 red table wine and then 2 drink tickets per person.

• M
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We haven't put down payments down on anything yet but we have an idea of a venue. Sadly the town we live in doesn't really have a lot of affordable venues to host both our ceremony and reception without having to allow their crazy catering menus which we were trying to avoid to save some money. The one place we talked to to host both was telling us we would have to pay $150 per person for our reception menu. We don't have a lot of money saved up so most of it is going to be pay as we go kind of thing. We have discussed the idea of making our own buffet dinner and asking some family to bring so food as well to save a little bit more money. We have a family member doing our cake so we wont have to worry about that besides picking the design. We are also providing the alcohol for our wedding and have family friends who have offered to serve the food and alcohol. We are just going to make a playlist for our reception music. We picked our ceremony song already though. Our plans are pretty much done its just the money to finish it will take the time. Good luck to you as well this is the season for wedding shows so hopefully anything else you need you can find there.

• L
    Liarra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Monica!

Congrats on your engagement!
    I agree it feels like so far away but I also know it will come up super quick. We looked into October 2020 but I just couldn't wait that long. I've always wanted a winter wedding!

I got engaged on the 2nd of January but we've been talking about wedding details for over a year now so we kind of had rough ideas in our minds.
    So far we have booked our venue, photography(I had my eye on her for a long time so it was an easy decision), and music (friend of mine). We have met with a few caterers and are currently waiting to solidify with one! We've narrowed down a color scheme and planned out specific timeline as we are having an evening ceremony and cocktail style reception.

Mainly we wanted the larger items checked off the list and reserved early so we could send out save the dates early. With it being the day after Valentines Day, Family Day weekend and prime time for vacations south we figured letting guests know early would probably help us with attendance!

Winter Moonlight sounds so dreamy! I'm picturing a ton of twinkly lights!!

Good luck with planning Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics