Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynsey
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Couples getting married on 14/september/2018 in British Columbia

Lynsey, on September 18, 2017 at 11:33 Posted in British Columbia 0 13
Hello everyone Smiley smile
Is anyone getting married in Abbotsford next year??

13 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on October 19, 2017 at 12:04
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's still a really good amount!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ya.... We are both pretty social people and have big families... So we are looking at a guest list of about 160 plus about 20 kids between them...BUT im gonna say 75% of the people invited are from out of town so i know a lot of them wont make it. We are expecting probably around 130-140 guests to actually make it.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg! 160! No way lol. I thought even a 140 for us at a small venue is a lot
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are going to try and do it on our own to save costs.... Unfortunately our guest list is much bigger than we anticipated so its going to be a lot of work haha. My mom and her husband have done some catering for groups of about 60 people at a time before, so they are heading it all up. Our guests list is currently sitting at about 160 Smiley atonished
    Going for a simple bbq style menu! Pulled pork, bbq chicken, buns, salads, baked beans, and costco pies for dessert Smiley smile
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thats amazing! Your lucky. Are you having it catered or are you making your own food ??
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no! Im very sorry to hear that it hasnt been going well with them so far Smiley sad fingers crossed that it gets better!
    Yes we are incredibly lucky that we can use her yard... It has kind of been a win-win be ause we get a venue and she gets all her yardwork and landscaping done! Haha
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds amazing! What a treat to be able to hold the reception in her backyard. Awesome!
    I'm honestly disappointed in the treatment from secret garden at this point. It's quite unprofessional. But I'm hoping in the end everything works out the way we imagine it
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thats great! Ive been to a couple weddgs at the Secret Garden- it is a beautiful venue and they do such a good job takig care of everything.
    Im a born and raised abby girl so a lot of my vendors are family friends and such. We have booked Aldergrove Regional Park for our ceremony and the reception will be at my mother in laws backyard by the airport. And we have booked Rachel Patterson ohotography- highly recomend her by the way!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hey girl!! Yeah I moved here just shy of a year ago Smiley smile We booked Secret Garden @ Woodbridge Ponds. So far we have Montana's bridal hair & Stefanie from Feel Beautiful makeup. Still need to solidify our DJ & bus/transportation
    What have you booked so far?? Countdown is on Smiley laugh
  • Maegan
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! Saw on another thread you are an abby girl! Awesome Smiley smile my wedding is july next summer! Have you booked any vendors yet? What did you pick for venue here?
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Joey!
    Thank you Smiley smile Planning has been good, checklists are my go to. Makes life so much easier. I didn't realize there was a specific group, how do I join it ??
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome Lynsey! You're just under one year out from your wedding, how exciting! Are you using a checklist to keep yourself on track? How has planning been going so far? Have you joined our group for couples from British Columbia yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics