Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alycia
Expert March 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 14/march/2020 in Ontario

Alycia, on January 24, 2019 at 22:07 Posted in Ontario 0 24
My name is Alycia, I’m a tattoo artist and I’m getting married March 14th 2020 to my favorite person! We’ll be together for 10 years on that date, so that’s why we chose it, it was a no brainer! I’d love to hear why other people picked that particular date to be their wedding day!

24 Comments

Latest activity by Alycia, on February 1, 2019 at 10:00
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, because I noticed that too! Our venues don’t have different minimum guests on the different days but the prices vary. Two of my place don’t have extra fees for being a saturday since its off season and its in a super small town so they keep throwing deals at me to book them.. I’m starting to want to just for the savings and the locations is more convinient for guest. But it’s not as unique as the location we are visiting Monday. We’re both excited about this one most.. So we’re going to go with our gut I guess! It’s hard though because we’re gonna build a house this summer too! $$$

• Julie
    Beginner February 2020 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, where we wanted to look at has a guest minimum of 85 on Friday/Sunday and 100 for Saturdays. Then price differences between per person charge is cheapest on Sundays, then Fridays and most expensive is Saturdays.
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you going to try and do a different day of the week? Awesome, I’m pretty decided on colours I think too. But things can still change nothing has been purchased yet.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Super cool. So, I was doing some math 😧, might end up changing our wedding date to be more cost efficient. Not fully decided yet. Been doing a rough draft of invitation guest list. 15 people make a huge difference in this case. Think we're 99% decided on wedding colours now!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We just got pre-approved so we start house hunting in the spring, I’m trying to do as much of the wedding planning now while I can

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Zero, LoL. Bouncing between wedding planning and looking for a bigger place.
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s awesome! How many have you visited so far?

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I told Jordan to pick 2 places and I pick 2 places but I might have persuaded him to my interests.
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm trying to visit 3 to make my decision. I'm scared to rush into one and find something else that's better and or cheaper. I like them all so far, and they all have their pros and cons
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have researched a few places. The Lakeview has an infinity package which sounds super inclusive (food, decor, cake, bar, midnight munchies and a honeymoon suite for the night of). Plus, we could do our ceremony there but I want to shop around to see if I can find cheaper.
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Last thing a worrier needs is someone to tell you something like that, which I’m pretty sure you were already thinking.

Do you know where you wanna book?

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We seem to have a lot in common. I'm a worrier too. Plus, the last couple days a co-worker has been encouraging to book soon so we don't have to change our date.
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Still really early. Didn’t pick a venue or anything, still visiting but I wanna make a decision asap because I’m paranoid to miss out on my date since it’s special to us and I’m a worrier lol! Everyone tells me not to stress since it’s off-season but it’s still a Saturday I then think to myself lol. Visiting one more before we make our final decision.

I think I picked my colours, but until I buy anything I guess I could potentially change lol

If all goes as planned I’m gonna go with Navy too Smiley smile, Burgundy and Gray with gold(silverware/centerpieces) and green(greenery) accents.

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How far into the planning are you? I've had a lot of time to check out websites for venues, and pinterest catches my eye everywhere. Still trying to finalize my colours. Navy blue for sure, but indecisive about accent the colour(s).
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah most weddings I wen’t to were in the summer and on sundays too, probably because of the savings! But being off-season we can have a Saturday and still save!! WOOHOO!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Saturday = party and celebrate harder with recovery before resuming life. I think the majority of wedding in my family were on Sunday's, so this gives us a chance to be unique.
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha! Awesome, I can read between the lines Smiley tongue I won’t tell on you lol and that’s a good reason too!

I had no idea at first when we started talking about it. Then we thought about our anniversary and said lets see when it falls.. and it’s a saturday! So we were sold and since it was Christmas morning when we discovered this. We told all our family about that date. We’ll send official save the dates but it’s awesome we got to give the a heads up

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    LoL 😊 Congrats to you and your hubby to be! There was another reason I picked the day but it might not be weddingwire appropriate to mention. LoL
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally agree with that! I say that for my FH all the time haha!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have been engaged for a couple years. Being born in 1984, getting married in 2020 kinda has a futuristic vibe!
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The savings are awesome, right?! We don’t have many birthdays or anything near by, I love that 3.14!!! Pi!! That’s so cool, I hadn’t noticed and it’s been our dating anniversary for years lol

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The perks of off-season weddings!! Bonus! I totally know what you mean, I never thought this day would come either, we’ve been together so long I really didn’t think he wanted to get married lol. His parents aren’t so it’s not as important to him and his family. But it was important to me, not for religious reasons just because I love traditions Smiley heart

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there, my name is Julie. I'm a telemarketer. Jordan and I met in our late teens but started dating 5 years ago. I chose our wedding date for March 14, 2020 for several reasons. No major holidays or birthdays in our families that month, cheaper venue costs and most important because he is a math wiz so 3.14 sounds cool! LoL
  • Tara
    Newbie March 2020 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My name is Tara, I'm a research coordinator. I'm also getting married on March 14, 2020. No specific reason for picking that date besides that it fell during a period of time at the venue where there is a steep discount for booking haha. We've been together for 5 years but have been friends for 13 years. Never thought this day would come, I'm super excited Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics