Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alysa
Beginner October 2019 Alberta

Couples getting married on 13/october/2019 in Alberta

Alysa, on June 2, 2019 at 16:52 Posted in Alberta 0 5
Hello lovely ladies! Looks like we are all getting married thanksgiving Sunday. I think it’s so perfect and fitting for a wedding! Spending the day with those we love most and are so thankful for.

Question - has anyone been given any attitude about having your wedding this day? LOL everyone has been SO supportive and excited for us, and they’re happy it’s on a long weekend, except for one friend of my fiancé’s who almost seems insulted that we would dare take a long weekend away from his family stuff. We told him to not feel obligated to come, and it’s only one day out of the long weekend, and he basically told us it was ridiculous to have it this day. I think he’s being reactive due to some family issues, but that’s besides the point.

Anyways, obviously we aren’t changing the date, and we are so happy with the date we chose, but just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered that and spark a conversation. Happy planning!

5 Comments

Latest activity by Alysa, on June 14, 2019 at 11:54
  • Alysa
    Alysa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh totally. We are so happy with it. It’s literally only been that one friend who made a comment about it... and if it’s that big of an issue, please don’t come. That’s my outlook lol
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway
    Sinéad ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations Alysa!! I'm sorry that you aren't feeling totally supported by your friends but you seem to have a really great outlook on it!

As long as you and your FH are happy with your wedding date, then that's all that matter!Smiley laugh

• Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Should be! Turkey is plain enough just about everyone should be able to eat it, but not as boring as chicken can be 😁
    Have you decided on colors?
  • Alysa
    Alysa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha that’s fair. Yes I totally agree on the summer thing! The thought of wearing that heavy dress and/or having makeup run in plus 30 (potentially) horrified me. That’s awesome you guys are having turkey, we are too! I think it’ll be great.
  • Ashley
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé’s grandma was a little grumpy it wasn’t in the summer (which I absolutely did not want- nothing like big sweat stains in my white wedding dress!), but his mum steered her off pretty quick....
    Other than that, it seems like a lot of people were concerned about whether or not we’re serving turkey. We are, so I guess that helps 😅

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics