Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mimi
Curious October 2020 Alberta

Couples getting married on 10/october/2020 in Alberta

Mimi, on March 9, 2019 at 12:50 Posted in Alberta 0 3

Hello! We don't really have much choice when it came to our wedding date. We are travelling carnival workers, travelling from April to September for work. So that only leaves us to choose a wedding date between October and March. I always dreamed of a summer wedding, outdoor ceremony and seated dinner reception. So we decided to host our wedding October 10,2020... we MIGHT get a chance at an outdoor ceremony depending on the weather. Plus it is a math equation 10+10=20 Smiley smile haha. We will be back from work a week before, then straight to the wedding. PHEW! I know it's gonna be a lot of work especially a total of 12 months of the planning, we are travelling and working long hours. Also, October 10, 2020 is thanksgiving weekend! Half of our guests are travelling from BC and MB, so we are planning to have a wedding weekend full of activities for the families to make it worth the trip.

What is your story behind your date?

I haven't had any luck with the wedding venue. So far we have contacted and viewed about 10+ wedding venues, viewing another 10 next week. We are so exhausted but we just couldn't find a venue that speaks to us... Like an aha moment. or even a venue where we see ourselves getting married.

Do you have a wedding venue? How far along are you in planning?

3 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on July 8, 2019 at 00:14
  • Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Still struggling with a venue but its slowly getting there. The venue is the last big thing left as long as the others in play don't fail on us. We were originally doing 8/8/18 because I like the number 8 but some stuff happened and nothing got done. I wanted another date that was a pattern like that one and 10/10/2020 had the best flow. It was perfect too because my FH's birthday is Oct 1st and mine is Oct 20th so it lands right between our two birthdays. We never do anything for our birthdays anyways so its not too busy. Now if I can just have a kid in October that would be a fun story for our lifetime. My FH has Autism and I have OCD so the fact we are doing a pattern date gives us both some peace in our lives.

• Mimi
    Curious October 2020 Alberta
    Mimi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Hopefully it will be a beautiful day.

Yes and no. My fiancée loved one venue in Canmore because of its rustic elegance style and the fact that they do mostly everything for you. The date was available but we waited two weeks to come up with the deposit.. and it was already taken by the time we were ready to make a deposit. Me and my fiancée are not stressing so much about it.. simply living to our motto: if it’s meant to be, it will be.

We don’t have a set budget for the venue that’s why we are kinda looking all over the place. But still it’s difficult for us to come up with the higher prices.. but if it speaks to us, we might just figure out how to get the money.

when it comes to style.. My fiancée loves the wood and rustic venues... I on the other hand love the Elegant Vintage Princess type venues. It’s very hard to find a middle ground. We both love Disney, so that’ll be the theme of the wedding.

When it comes to the area, we love the mountains and was originally planning on looking for a venue up on Canmore/Banff. Although now, we are in a process of looking at Calgary venues since it would be easier for our guests. A lot of them are from Manitoba.

i actually been using the Vendor Manager here on Wedding Wite quite a lot. Booked a lot of viewings and Inquiry through here. Almost all of them are through wedding wire.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh my goodness, I want to ask you lots of questions about your work, but I will TRY to stick to wedding questions - haha!

October is a really popular month for weddings because the weather is so good, so I will cross my fingers that you get a beautiful day and can have that outdoor ceremony. I'm sorry the venue search is not going great, is it because they don't have your date available, or they just aren't your style? Have you looked through the listings we have on WeddingWire?

Wedding venues in Alberta

There are hundreds listed there but you can narrow down by your city, the style of venue, and you can view pics and browse through FAQs. Do you have a style in mind?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics