Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amber
Newbie July 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married on 10/july/2020 in Ontario

Amber, on October 2, 2019 at 21:39 Posted in Ontario 0 13

Hi Everyone,

I am newly engaged and have no idea where to start with the planning. I attended the Toronto Wedding show in September to get some ideas but found it a bit overwhelming. I guess i'm just looking to connect and share ideas with other getting married the same time.

Hope to chat soon

Amber

13 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey, on May 10, 2020 at 14:36
  • Stacey
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Amber! We decided to postpone to July 16, 2021. Unfortunately, it will cost us a bit more, but I suppose it's worth it for peace of mind, and date/vendor availability. Thankfully everyone we already hired was available for the new date. As sad as I am, I know that we will just have to get creative and find other causes for celebration along the way as we wait. There For now, we haven't cancelled our hotel for our almost date - if things open up a bit, we may still go and enjoy a nice weekend together. If not, we'll find a way to celebrate at home! Hope you can do the same!

• Amber
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel for you Stacey. I hope it all works out and if you have to postpone, you are able to have all your original vendors there for you. Good luck, my fingers are crossed for youSmiley smile

Also, Thank you for going to work everyday for usSmiley smile

Amber

• Amber
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We postponed last week and were lucky that all our vendors were available. Our original date was July 10, 2020 and now its July 9th 2021. Its a difficult time for everyone. Good luck!

• Amber
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Katherine,

This is such a difficult time for everyone. It was a hard decision but we decided to postpone from July 10, 2020 to July 9th 2021. We have family flying in and at this rate, that wouldn't even be an option for them with all that is going on. We tried the waiting game as long as we could and just last week made the decision to let our guest know about the change of plans. Our wedding is around 120 and we wanted our guest to fell comfortable and excited to celebrate with us rather then worrying about Covid-19. We were aware that dates for 2021 were booking fast and didn't want to miss an opportunity to reschedule our date. We were fortunate that all our vendors were available for our new date with no extra charge. I hope everything will work out for you and all the couples in this challenging situation.

Amber

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I work in healthcare in a region which has been hit pretty hard by COVID-19. While our guest count is about 65, based on what I'm seeing at work, I'm not very optimistic that gatherings of that size will be permitted. We need to be 100% certain by June which is when our flowers have to be ordered, and it's so tough to wait knowing that next years dates will disappear (or our vendors will be unavailable) if we wait too long to call it. Unfortunately, we are only being offered off season postponement dates, otherwise we will have to pay 2021 pricing. I'm willing to wait longer and to pay a bit more for peace of mind, but that that much. It's just frustrating. We will likely make a decision in the next few weeks.
  • Katherine
    Beginner July 2020 Ontario
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

What have you guys decided? Our date is July 11 and we're on the fence about postponing. I would love to hear about your plans!

• Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi everyone, just wanted to check in and see how you are all coping with the pandemic. How many of you have decided to postpone?
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry; yes a rough guest list first to see how many people you need to seat. But then go ahead with venues. Lol
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Start with venues. Venues will determine the look you want, what you need to provide in terms of decor, what your food will be, who you should book with for everything else, etc. Venue shopping should be first and foremost.
  • Natalie
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m getting married on the same day as you! Lol
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You should make a rough guest list and then contact venues, then book an officiant, then decor, outfits, rings, flowers, hotel, honeymoon!

• Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway
    Cliodhna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey there, Amber!

Welcome to the WeddingWire community!

You're totally right, starting wedding planning can be super overwhelming!

A great place to start, and a super helpful wedding planning tool is the WeddingWire checklist!

Tell the tool a little about your wedding, and it will create customizable tasks for every stage of your planning journey. It displays tasks in chronological order leading up to your big day, so it’s a great blueprint for what order to handle the different parts of planning. Check it out. I think you will find it really helpful Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amber!

Welcome to WeddingWire! Congratulations on your engagement!

I'm getting married July 18, 2020. I'd be happy to connect with you and share some wedding ideas!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics