Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Newbie November 2020 Ontario

Couples getting married November 2020

Jordanna, on July 3, 2020 at 13:37 Posted in Ontario 0 10
Hi everyone! I just wanted to see what people are doing about November 2020 weddings ! We are supposed to get married November 7, 2020 but I'm beginning to think more and more that won't happen. If you haven't postponed yet when are you waiting to do so ? Sending love to all the brides ❤️

10 Comments

Latest activity by Naila, on July 26, 2020 at 21:41
  • Naila
    Naila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's a good point that it's not a public space! I see us going the same route, no dancing or reception, just a cocktail hour and ceremony. Thanks for the tips, will have a chat with the venue and see what they say. Hope everything goes well for you guys!
  • J
    Jordanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were in a similar situation. We changed our date to November 14, with a maximum of 75 people on the guest list. Our venue does not require us to wear masks because it is private (obviously people can if they really want) but the option to social distance is available. We have gone back and forth on this so much but have settled for just the ceremony and a cocktail hour after, no reception or dancing. We are only allowed to have 30% capacity, however we are still in stage 2. I hope that they end up just letting you pay for the amount of guests you invite since its not up to you !
  • Naila
    Naila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi there, just wondering what couples getting married in November 2020 in Ontario have settled on. Our date is November 13th and we've already booked the venue for 85 people and we're okay to shorten the guest list but not too keen on having a wedding where everyone is wearing masks and can't dance! Has anyone postponed November weddings or modified details like guest list? Our venue has a minimum of 85 guests requirement, but if we lessen it to 50, I believe we will still be paying for 85. Does anyone have any experiences with this?
  • J
    Jordanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ugh I'm sorry. This is such a stressful situation. Getting the guest numbers down is so challenging. If you need to vent I'm all ears! Have things changed with stage 3 and events in London or still the same as before ?
  • S
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are also booked for November 7th and have until September 1 to get most of our deposit back from the venue if we cancel. We are hopeful that we can have 50 people indoors ( currently allowed in London) but we are struggling to get the guest list down 😔. We keep hoping it will become more clear as time goes on but we don’t seem to be getting a ton of answers
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in December and our venue hasn't opened up yet for event operations. But we have a soft hold on a backup date in 2021 if things don't fly for this year.

• J
    Jordanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our officiant has a small chapel so she offered to let us have the ceremony there which was great !
    I'm so happy for you that you were able to get the same venue ! finger's crossed for you that you'll still be able to have your original plan of course . Such a crazy year !
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh boy! Well I hope that area does get better soon!

That will be lovely! Where are you planning to do that? Still at the Venue?
    Yes we have chosen a date we have June 18th 2021 on hold in the event this year doesn't happen! We are crossing our fingers it does though! Smiley ring

• J
    Jordanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The news did seems promising today !! I'm in southern Ontario where the town next to us isn't out out phase 1 yet so I'm a bit worried about that possibly creating an issue as well.

That seems like a reasonable amount of time ahead!
    We have just decided to do something intimate and small with immediate family and bridal party instead of postponing . Have you chosen a date for next year ?
    Thank you , same goes for you !!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Girl,
    I am trying to stay as positive as possible and hearing today's news I am more hopeful!
    It looks like Ontario (Parts) could be in Phase three at the end of July which means YOU have 3 months for restrictions to ease and hopefully you can have a normal wedding. I am October 9th 2020 so I am hoping for the same!
    BUT we are also waiting until beginning of September to make our final decision if we will be continuing or not.

Do you have a back up date for next year in the event you do decide to postpone?

I am here for you if you need to talk! Smiley kiss

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics