Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Country, R&B, Classic Rock, or Pop? What genre is your first dance song? 🎵

Lynnie, on February 6, 2020 at 09:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11

Golden oldies and crooning country ballads seem to dominate the dance floor!! What kind of song did you pick for your first dance? A sultry slow jam? A Motown favourite that lets you show off your dance moves?

What style of music is your first dance song selection? 🎶

Country, R&B, Classic Rock, or Pop? What genre is your first dance song? 🎵 1

Photo from Willowdale Estate

11 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on February 7, 2020 at 14:03
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked livin' on love by Alan Jackson for our first dance! We both love older country music, and Alan Jackson is FH's favorite artist.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first dance was Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - I'm guessing it would be classified as a pop song

• Melissa
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having a Dan + Shay song too! My Side of the Fence 🥰 I’m absolutely in love with the lyrics, so fitting
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We havent decided yet lol!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose "From the Ground Up" by Dan & Shay

A country song that isn't super over played at weddings, and I have been to a few in the last couple years and never heard it anywhere

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are dancing to "A Thousand Years Pt.2" - Christina Perri ft. Steve Kazee. This song has been "our song" and it truly hits home for us. A friend teaches dance to couples and she offered to give us lessons for a bottle of wine. Hoping to learn a basic waltz to it. Can't wait!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Google says Rock! My song was Green Eyes by Coldplay

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now our front runner is You've Got the Love by Florence + the Machine. FH kept shooting down the slower ones I picked and I just stumbled upon this the other day. There are a few Ed Sheeran ones on my list too, like Tenerife Sea and Kiss Me.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts which is a slow country song. Rascal Flatts is my favourite band and the song he sang to me for the proposal was a Rascal Flatts song too. We got two free dance lessons from attending a wedding show and we learned the basic steps of a rumba that we did for our first dance.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will have Ed Sheeran Thinking Out Loud for our first song, I think. However, last week we were listening to Chicago on the radio and started wondering if maybe an older classic may be better for us.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked a country tune called First Love Song by Luke Bryan. We didn't want anything too slow or too over done and I was just listening to Spotify on a random playlist when this song came on and it just hit home for me and I made FH listen to it immediately lol. We never had an "our song" so this was perfect for us all around.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics