Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lisa
Curious June 2023 Alberta

Cost-saving Diys

Lisa, on October 19, 2021 at 16:37 Posted in DIY 0 16

Just curious as to your DIYs that you're planning on creating for your upcoming weddings.
Showcase and brag - show us what you've got!!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on November 3, 2021 at 10:57
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great idea!

• Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I started collecting my wine bottles and soaking off the labels
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are collecting pasta jars as vases for our centrepieces!

• Vicky
    Beginner September 2022 British Columbia
    Vicky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got lucky as our venue also does decor rental - booking them as our venue means we get access to everything at no additional cost! That said, I am designing our wedding invitations, RSVPs, and save the dates using Canva. I've been finding the site to be pretty easy to use (I'm decently computer savvy, but I'm not at all a graphic designer, so I would say it's user friendly across the board). It's free to download what you've made (PDF, jpeg, etc) and then I'm just going to go to Staples to get it printed. I'll have to spend the time cutting things but that's what a DIY party is for with the bridal party!! Smiley smile

I've also been using that site to design some signs that have the exact wording I want. I'll be printed them off, then just using chalk paint on either clear acrylic or glass from a thrifted photo frame.

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our venue is all set up for us. So, we don't have to do much. The only thing we are making ourselves is signage and very minimalistic centerpieces.

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Before we ended up asking our photographers - we were going to set up one of our phones unlocked with an app (I found a few that you can pay for just for a month subscription and create the fun grids with a logo etc). Guests could then just send themselves the photos but we'd have them too. We debated a photo printer too. As for decor for it - it was NYE (well originally) and I LOVE balloons but they don't fit in at a wedding 😅 so photobooth was a great place for it! You can see the backdrop behind our welcome sign. We purchased the props - they're cheap!
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes, I was wondering how you DIY’d a photo booth. I love the idea of having one, but I am not impressed with the results of a digital photo booth, and DSLR booths are crazy expensive.
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! We did that for every guest. We actually had two photographers so we had one taking the photos. We then printed them and sent them with our thank you cards. There was sanitizer and it was only hand held props (the preferred kind anyway!). Is that what you meant?
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Everything looks amazing! Love the Bride place holder!

How did you handle the photo booth?
  • C
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made all my own signs, place cards, name plates, table numbers, and we did a DIY photobooth. We also had a friend design our cake topper (which we also used as our logo) and had another friend cut it out of wood.
    Cost-saving Diys 1
    Cost-saving Diys 2
    Cost-saving Diys 3
    Cost-saving Diys 4
    I have a Cricut so that really helped... We did a bunch of other wedding stuff with it too. Bride and groom masks for the night before dinner, custom socks (winter wedding), hangers for the dresses... Etc. Not sure if you want pics of those.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You get the invitation, the holder, response card and a direction card. I used the direction card for covid vaccine mandate information. Cost-saving Diys 5
    It also came with white ribbon but I used glitter paper that I cut instead because I was worried about getting too think for mailing. I want to make sure that I can use standard mail. I also got the heart stickers from Michael's clearance area...
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will definitely have to keep an eye out! Thanks for the tip!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I got my invite in a clearance for $10 a box of 30. I bought 2 boxes. Usually the price is closer to $40 per box I believe.
  • Lisa
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t even know Michael’s had print at home invites! That’s a great price! I’m pretty computer savvy - I’ve been dabbling in my own print at home designs.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just finished my invitations. I bought the print at home ones from Michael's. The ones I got were on clearance and I ended up paying about $.47 per invite. If you go that route I would make sure that you or someone you know have strong Microsoft Word skills. I will also be doing most of my reception and ceremony decor. I am also going to do my welcome sign using a mirror I bought off of Facebook and my friend with do the lettering on her cricut machine.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are diying all our reception decor! I'm also diying some of my bridal party gifts!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics