Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie November 2018 Alberta

Cost of a Bachelorette Party

Michelle, on July 5, 2018 at 18:01 Posted in Before the wedding 0 9

How much did your typical guests pay for your bachelorette party? And how much did your bridesmaids pay?

It looks like my girls (not including the MOH) will be paying around $125 CAD.

This includes accommodations (it's out of town), activities (not sure what that is), and my cut of the costs.

This does not include, alcohol, food, or gas to get to the city.

It's only 1 night.

Is this typical? Is this pricey?

I don't want anyone to feel overwhelmed by the price.

Thanks!!

9 Comments

Latest activity by Peggy, on July 9, 2018 at 10:50
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to bachelorette parties that ranged from free to 500$ - it depends on what is being planned. If I couldn't afford to go, then I didn't. 125$ is reasonable, but with the other items, I'd say you're looking at about 200$-250$ per person. Still reasonable, but it might be out of budget for some people.

I know I have many friends who are very important to me that I want at my bachelorette that are not in the financial position to do something too extravagant, so I've asked my bridal party to keep the cost under 75$ per person. We're staying in town, though, which makes a difference!

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guests paid $50 plus their alcohol and bridesmaids paid $75-$150 (some offered to pay more than others but $75 was the min required for what we wanted to do).
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds like a pretty reasonable price.
    last year I helped plan a bach. it was 2 nights. lots of different activities. and cost was about 225 a person. that included the place, an escape room, distillery tour, all the food for the weekend (we cooked at the house), a custom tank top, gift pack/souvenir type stuff, even taxis, and covered the brides portion. the only thing you were responsible for was your drinks at the bar on the Saturday night.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's not a-typical to have a pricier night out... Don't be too concerned about it.. they wouldn't have planned it if they weren't comfortable with it.

Luckily I have virtually no female friends... haha... Smiley cry ... so my bachelorette will probably be a weekend away at my mom's (ocean view home on Vancouver Island) with my mom, bridesmaids (sisters, BFF and FSIL), and my FMIL. We'll have a winery weekend, but no charge for accommodation, and able to cook food @ my mom's.

My FH on the other hand, wants a weekend away to rent a house boat with him and his 20 closest friends... and it's gonna be (with booze and food), at least $300-400 per guy.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's fine! We are doing a trip to Blue Mountain for 2 nights and it's about $140 each (no activities/food/drinks) and they all seem fine with it!

Maybe just ask them and see what they're budgets are! I think $150 for a bachelorette night out sounds more than reasonable!

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm kinda a control freak, so me and my moh are planning everything together, and at this point for the room (giant suite for the 4 of us) and a few activities, they will each be paying close to 250 and ill be paying the same. We were just going to go bar hopping, but we have a jbm we want to includs so that plan and low cost went out the window lol
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bachelorette was just one night and it was also out of town, as not all my bridesmaids lived in the same location, so we did a "meet in the middle" sort of thing. I have no clue how much they spent, but I'm guessing they probably each spent around $150. This included a limo rental, Airbnb rental (in Toronto), costs for an escape room, food and transportation. There were 6 of us total (including myself, I didn't pay for anything though-despite me insisting) so most of the cost went towards the rental of the apartment for the night.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend just threw her sister a bachelorette party and this was roughly the same cost - they did a paint nite, cycle class, yoga, and then a couple other things followed by going out for supper and drinks. This seems fair price wise.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bachelorette was $100/person + food, drinks, and gas; but ours didn’t include accommodations as we made it a day thing, and I paid for my share of everything. I think $125 is fair.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics