Skip to main content
Kenna
Curious September 2023 Nova Scotia

Coronavirus Concerns

Kenna, on March 28, 2020 at 10:04 Posted in Nova Scotia 0 5
Saved
Reply

Hey all, I know there's a larger discussion in the plan a wedding tab but I thought it would be nice to have a smaller one more contained to our locale.

So, my wedding is planned for September 12th, 2020 and I am beginning to be very concerned about the possibility of having to cancel or postpone my wedding. It is really frightening to think that we have no idea when this whole situation will resolve and normal life will be able to continue. I've not been able to get in contact with my venue manager to discuss anything since this thing really began and that in itself is concerning to me, though I do understand that even management wouldn't be considered essential business to a hotel.

Is anyone else worried? It just sucks to feel so scared and alone.

5 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on May 13, 2020 at 11:18
  • Emilie
    Beginner September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a lovely idea!!
    • Reply
  • Kenna
    Curious September 2023 Nova Scotia
    Kenna ·
    • Dispute
    We've decided to postpone our wedding and instead purchase our first home. Luckily we've been able to get refunded on most of our deposits and have rescheduled to be married on my in-laws' 40th anniversary and the anniversary of THEIR parents. It's kind of a tradition now and I like it.
    • Reply
  • Karley
    Curious September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Karley ·
    • Dispute

    We are scheduled for September 5th and have decided to proceed. I think we will end up having only a few people attend in person (bridal party + close family) and stream virtually for everyone else. Very undecided about what to do for a reception.

    • Reply
  • Emilie
    Beginner September 2020 Nova Scotia
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    Hi! We are getting married on September 26th in Halifax. We have decided to get married no matter what, even if it is just the 2 of us. In that case we will have a party later.
    I am hopeful that we might be able to have medium size gatherings at that point, fingers crossed!
    But all of my family is from France so I'm not sure the borders will be opened by then... We would stream the ceremony and party later in France if it comes down to it.I'm not too stressed as unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it :/ But I still keep some hope!I hope that everything will work out for all of us! I know that it will be a special moment anyway Smiley smile
    • Reply
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    Hi Kenna!


    Our wedding is planned for October 2 in New Brunswick and we're still hopeful that we will be getting married that day just with a few changes.
    My fiance's family lives in Wisconsin and Newfoundland so if they can't travel we will be legally married without family and have our reception on our anniversary with a vow renewal and some of the other traditional wedding elements.
    New Brunswick is hopeful to have some normal back by summer (fingers crossed Mr. Higgs is right this time!). I imagine if gatherings are allowed they will need to be smaller and I would not be surprised if the more vulnerable population is asked to stay home until a vaccine is available. I would prepare to need to scale back a guest list to the essentials only and have a bigger celebration when this is all over.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

×
ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics