Its not great. My wedding is April 4th and ive been talking to close family about weither to postpone or wait and see but i said to my officiant we will be doing a quick ceremony and signing on the 4th with gloves maasks or even hazmat suits lol but my anniversary will be April 4th. Just because im so picky on dates. And i have everything paid for.
Same here, wedding in September. Keeping the same mentality, if things don't improve by May or June we'll make the wedding waaaay smaller and celebrate the one year anniversary in 2021. Mostly worried about our elder relatives. I hope the few vendors we have booked will be ok with changing things a bit!
Ours is on Sept 2020. Still pretty far out but FH and I decided to give it until May, if things dont improve we are going to elope on our date with about 20-30 guests, and then hold the reception party sometime in 2021..
Ours shouldn't be impacted, but I feel for all the couples who are stressing out right now either not knowing or scrambling to change their plans.
My fiance and I talked last night about what date we would determine as our cut off date if this were to continue for several months, and it helped to have a game plan even if we hope we don't need one.
My fiancé and I are set to get married on April 18 and we are extremely torn as to whether we should move our wedding. Our venue says they have no intention of closing, however if the government mandates it we won’t have a choice.
We don’t have really any family coming in from out of country with the exception of 2 people so we are extremely torn. We are planning on visiting our venue tomorrow to see what potential dates they have in the upcoming months. Anybody have any advise??
We’ve decided to postpone our wedding that was to take place on April 4th after discussions with vendors. They have been great and we will reschedule at a later date. We still plan to legally get married with our parents and witnesses the original day as we want that as our wedding and anniversary date. A years worth of planning only to have to start all over again!
We just had to cancel our destination wedding that was set for April 11th. I'm absolutely devastated. My mother and MOH are planning a small wedding for us in my hometown, but I'm so sad that I won't get my dream wedding that I've spent over a year planning.
I'm not overly worried. Our wedding is in August, so we are hoping that things calm down. With all of the cancellations throughout the world with events though, we should start seeing a decline in cases. They say that the virus cant live in temperatures above 27 degrees so I'm just waiting for the warmer weather.
I hope that things work for your wedding Briana. It's only a two week quarantine so maybe things will have calmed down enough by then that your wedding isnt affected that much.
View quoted message
No I don't have a Plan B. My fiancé says not to worry too much about it because our wedding date is two months away, but I can't help it because this thing is either going to get better or worse. I was speaking with my aunt who is in Boston this afternoon and she said that the churches there cancelled all masses. They are still doing baptisms, funerals and weddings but the guests are limited to strictly immediate family. Pretty scary stuff. 😔
View quoted message
We luckily don’t have many flying, I’m sorry to hear that. I really hope it clears up fast but with all of the cautions and cancellations it’s scary to think about it being a long-term thing. Have you started plans in case it cannot take place? I’m not sure if I should start doing that...
I’m very concerned. My wedding is April 18th and I just heard that the US banned gatherings of more than 50 people. I’m afraid my vendors will cancel and that it won’t happen. My fiancé is having to cancel his bachelor party to Vegas. We chose this date for a reason and it will break my heart if it can’t happen.