Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Malyssa
Expert October 2022 Alberta

Complimentary Engagement Shoot

Malyssa, on April 18, 2022 at 18:03 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Hi all and happy Monday! Smiley star

Question for those of you who have a complimentary engagement shoot in your photography package (or those who have done this already)...

When did you book your shoot? I know this is something I can plan with my photographer, but curious what everyone else planned.

I know we wanted to wait for warmed weather and for my FH to be done school, and thankfully that time is finally upon us - so now its on my mind!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Dessa, on April 24, 2022 at 14:22
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are booking our engagement shoot for June or July when the photographer can fit us in. I want to put them on our website and then publish it. Our wedding is September 24,2023 so lots of time to get it all done.
  • Rebecca
    Beginner August 2023 Nova Scotia
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing ours on Monday because it's my birthday 😊 Two birds, one stone. I'll already be all dolled up to go to dinner. Plus by then the spring weather will have finally set in! We're starting in the Public Gardens and then walking out way through the city with our photographers and then finishing at home so we can have some "family shots" with our two cats LOL. It's going to be beautiful!
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did ours in winter, about 2 weeks before Christmas (it turned out to be the 1st anniversary of our engagement!). We chose December because we both love Christmas and wanted the Christmas light shots in our engagement photos. The results were beautiful and we were very happy - just be sure to dress warmly if you choose winter engagement pictures!
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our shoot a year before our wedding because the wedding itself was postponed due to covid. We purposely found locations that were different from our wedding venue to provide a contrast and to highlight our personalities.

• N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have our engagement photo shoot in June one year before our wedding.
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Lissa, this is kinda my hopes too so I might be needing to reach out to my photographer soon haha I just want it to look a bit more lively out there, our trees are still bare here!

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re hoping to have ours taken early May. That way we should have the photos back in time to update the wedding website when guests rsvp
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked ours in for summer of July 2019

• Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We booked ours for May 24th 2022 and we are getting married June 17,2023…. Then we can use the photos on our save the dates Smiley smile
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I got engaged Dec 2020. I won a free engagement shoot that we did Feb 2021. Then when we booked our wedding photographer it included engagement photos. I wanted summer engagement photos so we booked for August 2021 (Actually on our last anniversary before the wedding but had to reschedule cause of weather) then our wedding is May 2022.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is going to be long winded lol
    Our wedding is in September. My photographer lives in Alberta. So when we traveled from BC to Alberta for my wedding dress try on appointments, I thought it would be a perfect time to do our engagement shoot since we were already there for a week. I also wanted our save the dates to include our engagement photos!
    It definitely fit our fall vibe because everything was organgey in the background!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were having a winter wedding so wanted a different season for our engagement shoot; we chose fall. We also took the photos in the same location (the park across from our venue). We ended up getting legally married in the park due to covid so it became very special.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics