Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Nicole
Newbie July 2019 British Columbia

Combining Bridal Shower and Wedding thank you cards?

Nicole, on June 19, 2019 at 14:20 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

Can I combine thank you cards for my bridal showers and wedding? I had a couple bridal showers thrown for me this past month, and with the craziness of final wedding planning I haven't gotten around to writing thank you cards. My wedding is in a month, so it's not a long time between the events. I would thank the guests for each gift I received from them whether it was from the wedding or the shower. Combining the cards would also save me on postage...Anyone know what the etiquette for thank you cards is? Thanks!

12 Comments

Latest activity by Nicole, on June 22, 2019 at 21:28
  • Nicole
    Newbie July 2019 British Columbia
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks for the help ladies! I decided to do e-thank you cards. Everyone gets a cute electronic card and I save the money on cards and postage that I can put towards physical thank you cards for the actual wedding

• Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on how long the wait is between the shower and the wedding. If it's a few months gap in between, I'd send a separate card so your guests don't feel forgotten about or feel grouchy at your wedding. I'm an over-thanker so I'd send the second card regardless if it were me.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhh Kim makes a good point in that your guests will be going to 2 separate events for you and should be thanked accordingly. You could combine thanks for both shower and wedding if there was only 1 gift. ( not likely though)
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if your guests went to the trouble of coming to two separate events and shelling out for two separate gifts, etiquette would call for spending the time and postage on two separate thank yous. As others have said, send your shower thank yous as soon as you can; the wedding gift thank yous can wait a month or so post-wedding (we waited until we got our pictures back from our photographer and sent cards with our wedding photo on them).

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find it fair to send 1 Thank you card with a line to seperate the events of shower and wedding. It will save the trouble of 2 cards in 1.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to agree with the whole sending out separate cards for separate events. But I also understand wanting to send out one card for shower and wedding.
    I am having 2 separate showers. One is 2 weeks before our wedding and the other is the Sunday before our wedding. I was planning on combining thank you cards, but you want to make sure you are thanking all the ladies individually instead of grouping it with their partner.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    As a guest, i wouldn’t be offended to receive one thank you card for both!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Can I just say that of all the weddings and showers that I've been to, never had I ever received 2 thank you cards. I usually just get one after the wedding.

I guess know your crowd. If you decide to go with one, just make sure to thank them for also attending the shower, and for the gift they got you.

I personally don't think its a big deal if you combine the thank you cards. Especially if its an added stress. At the end of the day, people just want acknowledgement that you got the gift, you love the gift, you were happy they could be there to celebrate with you.

You'd have to be pretty petty to be mad at only getting one thank you card. Boo hoo.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with the other ladies! There were different events hosted and therefore I think different thank you cards should be sent.

You can do the shower thank you cards first and your wedding thank you cards later on.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I definitely see what your saying, however, I agree with Bianca with needs to be 2 cards as two separate events. I would try to get out asap, if you can't and end up after wedding sending out, make sure you send it out and wait a month then send out the thank you for wedding.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe that etiquette-wise, it's a real faux pas to send 1 card for 2 events. Just send out your thank-you cards for your shower ASAP (before the wedding obviously), and send out your wedding thank-you cards separately.

I'm also in the same kind of situation as you (it's been nearly a month since my shower and it's about a month to my wedding) and I haven't sent out the thank-you cards, but I couldn't imagine combining them.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm... I mean, I would say that as long as you can get them out and in the mail by no later than the end of July that I would think 1 card is fine. It's when you are sending the thank you cards like a whole month later for the wedding (or longer) that although it's okay for the wedding thank-you's - would be pushing it big time for the wedding shower thank-yous. (All of this is IMO of course!)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics