Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rayanne
Master June 2022 Ontario

Colours for your wedding

Rayanne, on October 15, 2019 at 21:43 Posted in Wedding reception 0 28
So you picked your theme rustic, elegant or vintage. You picked your season spring, summer, fall or winter. How do you incorporate your colour palette?

Have you changed your colours because of something else you picked?
How did you choose your palette? Are they your and FS's favourite colours?
Do you have more than one colour? Or did you start with one and just add a few?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on November 3, 2019 at 08:40
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm going to have the burgundy, blush and white flowers as well. My favourite but there are so many beautiful colour palettes
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't set specific colors, but I know we want white flowers and lots of greenery! We're getting married in October so I might throw a few burgundy and blush flowers in to the centerpieces for some colour and depth.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are great colours for a beach theme wedding. Sunshine and water. How could it get any better?
  • Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 1 is our date
    Theme:beach
    Colors are light blue, gold and yellow.
    Gold because we both lean toward that colour. Yellow he likes, blue I like. Smiley smile there will be white also, well because it’s a wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yellow and purple very regal colours. Sounds beautiful
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on yellow and lavender, FH chose the yellow (which shocked me!) and I chose the lavender. We did think about changing it at one point, but then I ended up finding jewelry that I fell in love with and it was the exact purple I was thinking of for the wedding, so once that was bought we had to stick to the original chosen colours lol. But I'm really glad we kept them now.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked bright colors. we have pink and royal blue!! i cant wait to see how it turns out!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think I was particularly set on colours when we started planning. Both of us like greens and blues, so I think we were always leaning that way from the start.

It started with the dark green dress for the girls. Nothing else was super green though. We had some greenery stems for the tables. but thats kinda it. The gold and white just kinda happened organically as we acquired items along the way.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love sparkle! I actually am more drawn to the blush and pink then I ever ever been.
  • Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding colours are blush and white, with a lot of sparkle. Blush is Rachael’s favourite colour and I love sparkle
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I envy that friend.

It's definitely on my list of places to go back to.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had a friend who lived in Hawaii he said it was total paradise.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked the venue and date before picking the theme. I had an idea of what I wanted, but that went out the window the moment we step foot in Hawaii.
    I just fell in love with the colors and flowers, and new that I needed to incorporate that in our day. We played around with the style and how we'd accomplish a certain look, and it honestly turned out really great.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that way, I don't care enough about matching things. It actually would probably bother me more if everything matched hahah.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will lose my mind if everything doesn't match lol
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I picked our colour scheme from a Pinterest board. It seemed to go really well together for a summer wedding so I picked it and just went with it.

I don’t think it’s an overall colour scheme though. We aren’t matching every little thing to those colours. But you’ll be able to see it as a “theme” I suppose.
    We picked pale blue and grey!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding was based off of all of our favourite and what screams "Tori and Kael"!

For our colours we chose our fav. colours Plum (mine) and Teal (his). Then to make it more fall time we added copper which ended up being the main colour.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds amazing. I think your day the weather was pretty nice too.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started with what we wanted our Bridesmaids and Groomsmen to wear. I love burgundy in the fall, and knew I wanted my girls to wear that colour. My Husband loves blue, and it was just easy to pick a navy suit for the guys to wear, with burgundy ties.

Once we had that situated, we needed some accent colours so the hall wasn't very dark. They had either silver or gold chairs, so we figured gold would be the best. We had gold chairs, gold geometric lanterns for the centerpieces, and then a gold sparkly overlay for the tables.

We added in blush when it came to the flowers so they were not all white and burgundy. Plus my dress was ivory, so we didn't want white flowers.

Since our colours were very fall, it made it easy to find things to add. So I added burgundy and navy blanket scarves for the girls which looked AMAZING!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds perfect. I love the sand in the lanterns. Sounds so pretty. I love tea lights. I want about a million of them (give or take)
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My bridesmaids will have burgundy dresses and their flowers will have more of the yellows and oranges. My centerpieces will be lanterns that are filled with colored sand (yellow, orange and red) and will have a tealights in them as well. Our cupcakes will also look like Rose's with the same colors. We're not going to crazy with the colors just hints here and there.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Have you decided on colours for bridesmaids? Are you putting a splash of colour in your decorating/centerpieces? At the ceremony will you add some colour there as well?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I saw your bouquets on here the sunset colours are going to look great
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have seen some of the navy and burgundy pinterest boards so beautiful! When FH said no to black suits I gave hime grey or navy to choose. He just wanted a lighter colour. I totally forgot about linens at the wedding. We don't go back to talk about all that stuff till after new years. I'll have to start thinking what colours I want.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our colors are the same as the fall harvest color palette. We are getting married in the spring though. We chose those colors because when we first started dating we would go watch sunsets together all the time and wanted to incorporate the colors into our wedding.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't really remember the process of choosing our colours. We're having a fall wedding and I think I just fell in love with navy and burgundy as the main colours - love the darker, moodier vibes. The BMs will wear burgundy while the groomsmen will wear navy suits with burgundy accents. I think our table cloths might be navy with burgundy napkins. White and blush accent colours have since fallen into place, mostly in the florals.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Colours for your wedding 1
    Colours for your wedding 2Colours for your wedding 3 Not sure why I couldn't get these to attach when I wrote post....
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally started with red as our first colour. Red is our favourite colour. FH's favourite sports team have red jerseys. I just love the bold colour. For my metals I've always preferred silver to gold so that was easy. At first I thought I would go with black as a strong contrast colour but FH didn't want to have a black suit so we went with grey instead. From there I was looking at different flower arrangements and was surprised that I really liked pink in with the red and white. Pink has never been a colour I've been drawn to. So we have our colours narrowed down the red, pink, silver, gray and whites (sparkly like snow is always a winner with me for our winter wedding).

I'm using the colours for our place cards (red), MOH dress, flowers, candy on the candy bar, possibly a backdrop since venue has a really ugly gold kind of colour for curtains. The ceremony will hopefully have some colourful flowers. Not sure if I'll bother with any kind of arch.
    I love the bold colours at a time of year when everything can seem so dreary. I love the elegance of bold colours. I think the colours will tie everything together perfectly.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics